78 | it's not our time yet...

ㅡ Jimin's POV ㅡ

We went back to the motel as soon as Chaerin calmed down a bit and told me in more detail what had happened.

Jisoo manipulated her, convincing her to do something that Chaerin really didn't feel like doing. Looks like those two double-faced bastards had a plan in mind all this time. People scare me more and more.

It's late at night, we're both very tired but we need to start gathering as much information as possible about Jisoo and Marcus, to report them. Starting with the receptionist, maybe he can help us.

We approach the counter which is empty as always, even if it's night there should be the night watchman. In fact, noticing our presence, the man comes out of his refuge to welcome us with his classic smile. And to my surprise, it's still the same receptionist.

《How can I help you?》

《We have questions about two guests, our friends who are staying here.》

The man waits for a couple of seconds before answering.

《I'm sorry, but I can't share any kind of information about other people, sir.》

《Ah ... don't worry, they told us to ask you.》I lie.

The receptionist looks at me sceptically but checks his computer. Checks a manner of speaking, he looks at it for ten seconds and clicks two random things.

《I'm sorry, but to my knowledge, you are the youngest couple to stay here. Unless you've made friends with the 70-year-old couple in the room next to yours.》

《What do you mean? There are also Marcus and Jisoo, more or less our age. She is Korean and he is a foreigner.》Chaerin intervenes, trying to be as clear as possible with her explanation.

《I'm sorry but they've never stayed here.》He responds with a sternum face.

Now I understand...

《You are lying you ... did they pay you to lie?》I say.

Those bastards must have already escaped. They got here before us.

《How can you get bribed like that!? This is a serious fucking situation! They were going to hurt!》I slam both hands on the counter, which doesn't make the corrupt receptionist move an inch.

Chaerin grabs my arm, trying to calm me down.

He grins and raises an eyebrow.

《Sir, you can't be that hypocritical. You also paid me to tell the young lady that there was only the double room available, to do who knows what.》He says mischievously.

I close my eyes cursing him and all his lineage.

I feel her hand slip away from me.

I'm afraid to look at her, but I do it anyway.

Chaerin was already staring at me and without saying anything, with a passive expression she goes away and goes up, I think in the room.

《Great! Thank you so much fucking receptionist, you can't even do your job!》I bang my hand on the counter, pissed off like a beast.

I don't give him time to answer that I run right after her. I realize I've done huge bullshit bribing that guy.

I see Chaerin running into the hallway and entering our room. 《Chaerin!》 I manage to get inside before the door closes.

She throws her jacket and purse on the floor and puts her hands to her face. She turns to me and stares at me with a look that suggests that her pride has been hurt and that most of all, she is the one who is hurt.