chapter sixty-six ▬▬▬ can't be harmed

━━━━━ NIGHT HAD FALLEN Ellie was excited that she could finally leave the house for the first time as a newborn

━━━━━ NIGHT HAD FALLEN Ellie was excited that she could finally leave the house for the first time as a newborn. Carlisle and Jamie would have to keep an eye on her. But even though she was a newborn she didn't feel thirsty, she felt excited, and more alive.

They were currently outside waiting to take their chance to leave and get to the other side. Jacob walked up the hill, Max next to him. Max turned around slightly looking to see Seth and Leah running up behind them.

"Jake! They're coming." Seth informed him, along with Max.

"I know." Jacob replied, turning back slightly to look at them.

"We should phase, Jacob. We can't protect ourselves like this." Leah said.

"They'll see it as a threat." Max told them, turning back around.

"I wanna talk! Be easier if I could hear you, too."

Paul was the first one to appear, he looked down at Jacob, Max and the Clearwaters. Paul then proceeded to spit in front of them. "This isn't your territory anymore. How's the new family working out?" Paul asked him.

"You done?" Jacob asked him in return.

"You coming home, Jake?" Quil asked him.

"Not until I finish this."

"What do you mean?"

"I want Sam to take back Leah and Seth."

"What?" Leah questioned.

"No way!" Seth said, moving up the hill slightly.

"Quiet! I want them safe. And I want this over." Jacob told them.

The vampires made it through the woods, Ellie looked over as the wolves seemed to hear them. The brunette turned her head focusing on her running, Emmett led the way while her and Esme were in the middle and Jamie and Carlisle were behind them.

The two wolves followed behind them, trying to catch either of the vampires. Max briefly looked back at Seth and Leah seeing the sadden look resting on their faces.

"I need Sam to wait until Bella's been separated from the problem." Jacob told them.

"You mean till she's dead." Paul said, leaning forward slightly.

"Ease up, Paul." Embry said, looking at him which caused Paul to look at him.

"Then what?"

"Tell Sam that when the moment comes, I'll be the one to destroy it."

"Jake." Seth said, while Max looked at him, shock cleared on his face.

"I'm the only one who can. They trust me."

Esme and Ellie were now behind the group, the brunette looked behind her to see the wolves catching up with them. One of the wolves knocked into the two causing them to roll down the hill.