chapter three ▬▬▬ passed out

━━━━━ ELLIE OPENED HER eyes scanning the things that surrounded her

      ━━━━━ ELLIE OPENED HER eyes scanning the things that surrounded her. A beeping noise was coming from the machine next to her. She turned her head, seeing the machine not far from her bed. Ellie proceeded to look around the room seeing both Charlie and Bella sitting in two chairs, talking to each other.

"What happened?" Ellie questioned, seeming to be slightly confused about the whole thing.

Her eyes fell onto Charlie, just as he pulled his chair closer to hers. Charlie picked her hand up in his holding onto it tightly like he was going to lose Ellie. Bella moved closer as well, looking at her adoptive sister, relief washing over her seeing that Ellie was okay.

"You passed out earlier, we're waiting for Dr. Cullen to stop by." Charlie informed her.

Ellie only nodded her head in response as she thought of the Doctor. She thought back to the moment he had walked into the room to talk to Bella, his pale skin complemented his features, while his blond locks fell nicely around his face. The only thing she had really been confused about was the gold that had surrounded his eyes.

His eye color made no sense to her, it only confused her. Dr. Cullen walked into the room, with Ellie's charts in his hands. Coming to a stop at the edge of Ellie's bed the three of them looked at the doctor waiting for him to tell them the news. He looked at the three humans moving the charts around.

"You passed out due to dehydration and low blood pressure. I'd like for you to stay overnight so we can keep an eye on you. You'll be able to go home tomorrow morning." Dr. Cullen explained looking at Ellie who had been looking back at him.

She only nodded her head in response watching as Dr. Cullen walked away from the three. After Dr. Cullen had left Charlie and Bella had turned to look at Ellie with a different kind of expression on their faces.

"I didn't eat today, I was busy shelving new books," Ellie explained, looking between Charlie and Bella.

"I'm gonna take Bella home, but I'll be back in a little bit to check up on you," Charlie said as he stood up.

"Okay, be safe driving home,"

Ellie watched her father start to walk away from her. Bella stood up and placed a book in her lap, smiling as she turned around and walked away from her. Ellie grabbed the book from her lap, looking at the title. It was a book she had read before but it was a favorite book of hers. She had given it to Bella to read while her first week back in forks.

Carlisle walked back in to check up on some other patients of his looking over at Ellie as she flipped open a book and began reading it. After checking up on the patients he walked back to his office, closing the door behind him. As on cue, his phone began to ring. Walking over to his desk he lifted the phone up, placing it against his ear.

"Hello." His voice called to the other side.

"Esme and Jamie want to know if you're coming home tonight?" Alice asked on the other end of the line.

"No, I won't. I have to keep an eye on a patient that just came in." Carlisle answered.

"I'm telling you, she's the one you've been searching for. I've seen how it ends for the both of you." Alice informed the blonde vampire.

"Goodbye, Alice. I have work to get back to." Carlisle said wanting to end the conversation before anything more could be said.

"Alright, goodbye." Alice hung up the phone allowing Carlisle to hang up the phone as well.

It had been a few hours since Charlie had stopped by again. It was around 2:30 in the morning and Ellie was soundly asleep. At least that's what Carlisle had thought. He had walked into the room just as she had woken up. Ellie woke up breathing heavily. She looked around and noticed Dr. Cullen walking over to her. Carlisle stopped in front of her bed looking at her.

"Are you alright?" Carlisle asked her as she looked down at her hands.

"Yeah, just a night terror that's all," Ellie said as her back made contact with the pillow and she continued to breathe heavily in and out until she had calmed down.

Carlisle watched as Ellie closed her eyes again, he walked over to her checking her vitals. Once he was finished he walked out of the room leaving her alone. Though she wasn't entirely alone because she had her thoughts, and in that time her mind seemed to travel back to Carlisle. She wasn't sure why the man continued to make his way into her thoughts, but she knew there was something about him that was different.