chapter four ▬▬▬ the bookstore

━━━━━ THE NEXT MORNING Carlisle had gone to release Ellie from the hospital

      ━━━━━ THE NEXT MORNING Carlisle had gone to release Ellie from the hospital. Charlie couldn't be there to pick her up so Sam and Emily had driven over to the hospital to pick her up. She grabbed her bag, as well as the book Bella had left for her.

Once she was ready she walked out of the room she had been in, and headed towards the front of the hospital. Before she could exit the building, she was stopped by Carlisle.

"Hi, there Dr. Cullen." She said with a smile. "What can I do for you?" She proceeded to ask him.

"I wanted to know if maybe you'd want to go on a date or something, maybe sometime this week?" Carlisle asked her, causing her to smile once more.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Ellie simply replied.

"Great, I'll pick you up sometime this week then. Here's my number, let me know what day would work best for you. If you'd like you can call me Carlisle." He said, handed his card to her.

Ellie graciously took it and slipped it in her pocket, turning around and heading out of the building walking over to Sam's car and climbing in the back.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for picking me up." Ellie said, closing the door behind her.

Emily and Sam both turned around to look back at her. "You're welcome." They said at the same time, both sending her a smile.

"So are we going back to your place, or are we going to the bookstore?" She asked them as she buckled herself up.

"The bookstore. We're gonna help you out today." Emily responded, still looking at her friend. Ellie nodded in response, excited to spend the day with her friends.

"Good because I think a new shipment of books is arriving today." Ellie began to tell them. "So they need to be put in order and what not," Ellie explained to them as Sam looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

After twenty minutes of driving, Sam pulled into the parking lot of Ellie's book store. Turning the car off the three exited the vehicle. Walking over to the door, Ellie pulled out her keys, unlocking the door. Opening it up she moved to the side allowing Sam and Emily to walk through.

"I need to go to the back to get a few things, if you could take the old books and put them on shelves that aren't being used at the moment." Ellie said.

She slowly made her way past the shelves of books. Both nodded their heads beginning the work. Ellie walked to the back placing her hand on the knob, opening the door and walking through. Closing it behind her, she sat get bag and keys down on the desk moving over to the chair sitting down.

Opening up her laptop she began to pay the bill for her bookstore while also ordering some more books that people had requested. After an hour of being in the office, a knock on Ellie's door brought her out of her train of thought. Looking away from the papers she looked up at the door.

"Come in." Ellie said as she watched the door open to reveal Bella walking through the door frame.

"How long have you been in here?" Bella asked as she sat down in a chair.

"About an hour, but I took a break at some point and ate lunch with some of my friends and then they left. I've just been trying to get some new books on order as requested by the people." Ellie explained.

"Well, Charlie told me to come pick you up and take you home. I'm going to make dinner tonight." Bella explained, looking around the room.

"Alright, let me grab my things and lock up, I'll be out in a second." Ellie said, moving papers around her desk.

Bella nodded her head in response, standing up and walking back out to her truck. Ellie continued to pile up the papers until they were in a nice stack, after that she shut down her laptop. Grabbing her keys and bag she stood up and walked over to the door, turning off the light as she exited the room heading back to the front.

She stepped out as the cold air hit her face, smiling at the weather she turned around and locked the book store up. Turning back around she walked over to Bella's truck and got into the passenger side.

"So, is Dr. Cullen going to be coming around some more?" Bella asked, looking at Ellie briefly, placing her eyes back on the road.

"Why do you assume he's going to be around more?" Ellie asked her, looking over at Bella. The brunette simply shrugged her shoulders, not sure what to reply with.

"I don't know, maybe! He is very cute though and I dig his blonde hair." Ellie said, smiling brightly.

"Is there something going on between you and Edward?" Ellie asked her, looking out the window as they passed numerous trees. Bella didn't respond, she continued to look out at the road, as they headed home for dinner.