chapter forty-three ▬▬▬ state of terror

━━━━━ ELLIE SAT NEXT to Carlisle resting her head on his shoulder do to the fact that she hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night

      ━━━━━ ELLIE SAT NEXT to Carlisle resting her head on his shoulder do to the fact that she hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night. She had nightmares, and most of them were the same. That was the one thing she was excited about when she would eventually become a vampire, not having to deal with nightmares anymore. The news was turned on and the vampires including Ellie had been watching it.

"Seattle is in a state of terror." The reporter's voice echoed. "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer." The woman's voice echoed through the room as she covered the story.

Edward and Bella walked into the room coming to a stop. Carlisle grabbed the remote, turning off the TV.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." Carlisle said. He placed the remote on the table, soon after grasping Ellie's hand to hold it in his.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. And they're undisciplined, conspicuous." Jasper explained.

"It's newborns." Edward said as Carlisle, Bella and Ellie looked at him.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"In the first few months after the change." Edward replied.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious. Insane with thirst." Jasper added on.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett said, Ellie looked at Emmett holding onto the words that he had just spoken. She pulled her attention away from him, placing it on Jasper as he continued to talk to them.

"No one's trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper said, looking at Carlisle as he looked back at him.

Ellie proceeded to look back at Emmett still unsure of what was going to happen next, either way she knew it was going to be something bad, something worse then what had already happened.

"Someone's creating an army." Carlisle spoke.

"Well, now we're definitely going to Seattle." Emmett said standing up, walking off the couch. Ellie looked at Carlisle as fear began to settle inside her.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked.

"And they've been created to fight someone." Jasper replied to her.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward spoke, Bella looking at him.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long." Carlisle explained.

"Maybe they're behind it." Edward said, causing Ellie to lift her head slightly looking at him. She was unsure of where this conversation was going to lead them next.

"In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him, but he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive. He also wants El, he knows she's going to be extremely powerful when she becomes one of us." Edward said.

Bella and Carlisle looked at her. Ellie's face became ghostly pale fearing what the Volturi would do to Carlisle and everyone else to get the three of them. She was really hoping that she could become a vampire quicker so she could protect the family she cared most about.

"An army could solve that for him." Jasper replied.

Ellie watched as Edward and Bella turned away from the group, exiting the room and heading somewhere else in the house. Ellie looked at Carlisle as he looked back at her.

Can we go walk outside?" Ellie asked, wanting to smell the fresh air.

"Of course." Carlisle replied.

Standing up he grabbed Ellie's hand pulling him closer to her as the two walked out of the room heading down the steps to the front door. Stepping outside into the fresh air Ellie closed her eyes breathing in the air, letting go of Carlisle's hand she held her arms up spinning around.

A smile fell onto Carlisle's face watching his mate spin around. Opening up her eyes she looked back at Carlisle. Walking back over to Carlisle she wrapped her arms around his waist resting her head on his chest. Carlisle wrapped his arms around her as well, pulling her closer to him.

"Would you be okay if I stayed here with you for a few days?" Ellie asked, still resting her head on his chest.

"Yes, of course. I still have the bed. You're always welcome to stay here." Carlisle replied.

"Thank you."

"What brought this up?"

"I just figured I'd sleep better if I was with you. Sleep hasn't been so great at home, since I got back from San Francisco." She placed her eyes on Carlisle.

"Why are you just now telling me this?" Carlisle asked, looking into her eyes.

"I didn't want to worry you." Ellie replied, lowering her head just a little.

"Why haven't you been able to sleep?" Carlisle asked her as they sat down on the steps of the porch. Ellie took a moment to herself, not sure how to tell Carlisle what she thought she knew.

"I think my mother is alive." Ellie looked over at Carlisle watching him process the information given to him.

"What do you mean?" Carlisle asked.

She exhaled, adjusting her body slightly. "I think she's alive, I mean I've been having dreams about her since the accident but I don't think she died in the ER, like they said she did." Ellie paused, turning to look at Carlisle. "I think she was in Italy when we were. And I'm pretty sure I saw her at the graveyard when you and your family left. I know that Max did attack something, but I couldn't clearly see her. If she is alive, I've been seeing her since before I met you."

Ellie seemed to be scared, and she didn't want her mother to be alive. Ellie despised her mother for everything that she had done to her.

"Even if she is, she won't get to you. I won't let her get near you or hurt her. I promise." Carlisle said.

He watched as a smile started to appear on her face. Ellie looked into Carlisle's eyes, moving closer to him. Soon the two connected their lips together, kissing slowly. Ellie smiled into the kiss, placing her hands on Carlisle's neck moving them up into his hair.