chapter fifteen ▬▬▬ baseball and thunder

━━━━━ ELLIE JUMPED OFF of Carlisle's back laughing quietly to herself, while the blond vampire smiled at her

      ━━━━━ ELLIE JUMPED OFF of Carlisle's back laughing quietly to herself, while the blond vampire smiled at her. "That was so much fun, can we do that again sometime?" Ellie asked him.

"Of course." Carlisle replied as Esme walked over to the two stealing Ellie away from Carlisle. A small smile fell on his face as he watched the two communicate.

"You're going to help us, as is Bella." Esme said.

"Okay, well luckily for you, I've played baseball before so I know how it works." Ellie replied, smiling back at Esme.

Ellie watched as a Jeep pulled into the field. Edward got out speeding over to the other side, opening the door for Bella. She stepped out and the two began walking over to the group. Ellie looked over at Carlisle and Rosalie watching as they moved their hands up the bat playing a game.

"Glad you're here. We need an umpire." Esme said, wrapping her arm around Bella who looked back at Edward. Ellie walked over to the two.

"I'm staying with you guys." She said connecting her arm with Esme's.

Jamie walked over to Carlisle, smiling at him. "She thinks we cheat." Emmett said, walking past them.

"I'm sure you do." Ellie replied back, a hint of sarcasm rolling off her tongue. Emmett rolled his eyes in response to her sarcastic comment.

"I know you cheat." Esme added as Bella and Ellie placed smiles on their faces. "Call them as you see them, Bella." The brown haired vampire said, looking at her.

"Okay." Bella replied as Esme smiled.

Rosalie walked up to the home plate swinging the baseball around as Edward looked over at Emmett who had moved around getting ready for the game. Meanwhile in the distance lighting struck as Alice looked at Rosalie.

"It's time." She spoke as Rosalie nodded her head, lifting the bat up close to her head.

Alice lifted the baseball over her head, lifting her leg up, and throwing the ball soon after. Rosalie swung the bat hitting the ball, dropping the bat she began running.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder." Bella said, watching as the baseball disappeared into the woods.

"That's so cool." Ellie spoke watching as Edward started to run after the ball.

Rosalie continued to make her way around the field. Ellie looked back at Carlisle smiling at him, as he smiled in return.

"That's gotta be a home run, right?" Bella asked Esme. She shook her head, keeping an eye on everything.

"Edward's very fast." Esme replied.

"Come home, Rosalie!" Carlisle cheered on as he and Jamie stood next to him cheering her on too.

Esme caught the ball in her hands pulling it down to the home as Rosalie slid on the grass not touching base in time.

"You're out." Bella said.

"Out!" Emmett repeated swiping his arms across the air.

Ellie looked over at him laughing slightly. "This is so amusing." She said, speaking to herself as Rosalie looked over at Emmett.

"Babe, come on. It's just a game." Emmett told her, as she followed Bella up from the ground slowly, giving her a dirty eye.

"Nice kitty." Carlisle said as he passed her, heading over to the home plate.

Edward came out of the woods walking back to the group. Carlisle holds the bat up to the sky, getting in a ready stance. Ellie watched as the same thing happened again, Alice threw the ball towards Carlisle as he swung the bat hitting the ball.

Dropping the bat Ellie watched as Carlisle left the base heading for the rest of the bases. Meanwhile Edward and Emmett begin to run towards the ball, jumping up at the same time and hitting into each other.

Ellie laughs as the two fall to the ground as Carlisle skids to the home plate. Jasper comes up to the plate swinging the bat around in his hand, Rosalie attempting to mimic the same play Jasper was doing.

Alice throws the ball towards Jasper as he hits it. Carlisle begins running to the next base as Jamie follows behind, as Jasper runs to first base. Emmett runs after the ball climbing up the tree, which should come in contact with the baseball. He's able to reach it, he grasps the ball, landing on the ground throwing it back to Esme.

"My monkey man." Rosalie said standing in between Esme and Ellie.

Rosalie walks up to the base holding the bat up as Alice throws the ball again. Hitting it she drops the bat and begins running as Carlisle does the same. The force of the ball hitting the bat causes the wind to brush into Esme's face. Ellie looks at Alice noticing her facial expressions change suddenly. Turning away from them she looks back towards the trees.

"Stop!" Alice says.