chapter thirty-four ▬▬▬ grand theft auto

━━━━━ ELLIE AND ASTRID walked over to Alice, who turned around to face them

      ━━━━━ ELLIE AND ASTRID walked over to Alice, who turned around to face them. "Who's this?" Alice questioned, placing her yellow eyes on the human.

"This is Astrid." Ellie said, introducing the Protector to the Vampire.

"Oh, so you're the Protector." Alice said, staring at Astrid.

"Yes, that's me, the Protector." Astrid said with a smile gracing her lips.

Alice placed her eyes on the scarf that rested around Astrid's neck, she then looked at the scar that rested on the Protector's face.

"Wait, how'd you know about her?" Ellie questioned, slightly confused.

"I saw her in a vision, I had it sometime after we left. You figured out she was some kind of Supernatural descendant and she explained herself to you."

Alice sent Ellie a small smile at the end of her sentence. Ellie then shrugged her shoulders, nodding her head in an understanding way. She watched as Alice's face suddenly went blank and that only meant one thing... she was seeing something.

"Alice?" Ellie questioned her, tilting her head slightly.

Without responding Alice turned around and walked back into the house, Ellie looked at Astrid before following after Alice. Astrid instead walked over to Carlisle's car knowing very well what Alice had just seen.

"Bella!" Alice called out as she came to a stop in front of the human. Ellie soon stopped behind her, watching the vampire make brief eye contact with Jacob. "Bella! Bella, it's Edward." Alice said, causing the brunette to turn and look at her. "He thinks you're dead. Rosalie told him why I came here." Alice explained to her, Bella shifted her head looking over at Jacob.

At that moment Ellie knew what was going to happen, turning around she headed back outside where Astrid waited. There was no way that she was going to let Alice or Bella go without her, she cared for Edward just like everyone else in his family did.

"Why are you waiting out here?" Ellie questioned tilting her head slightly.

"Whatever happens, just know I did it for a reason." Astrid said, almost like something was going to happen to her.

"What are you talking about?" Ellie proceeded to ask her Protector, as she came to a stop in front of her.

"We're going with them, Bella is going to want to save and Edward and I know you'll want to help her." Astrid looked at Ellie, hoping she would understand what she had been implying.

"Okay."

Astrid turned around and opened the door, she climbed into the back seat, just as Alice came out using her speed to get to the car and turn it on. Astrid climbed in after her, closing the door behind her.

Bella walked over to the other side, opening the door she climbed in not long after. Jacob was really trying to get Bella to stay but she just wouldn't have it. Bella briefly turned back to Ellie handing over her passport, while Jacob continued to beg her to stay.

"Goodbye, Jacob." Bella said. Ellie leaned back in the seat buckling herself up, she then watched as Jacob moved back from the car.

"Okay." Alice spoke, driving away from the house and Jacob.

After arriving at the airport the four of them got out of the car and headed in. Soon they made it onto the plane waiting for it to take them to their next destination, to the one that would save Edward from whatever he was about to do.

Ellie, and Astrid said in the back of the yellow sports car Alice had picked up. The vampire sped down the road passing by a car and a tractor. Bella sat in the front seat, freaking out about what might happen to Edward. Astrid had her scarf covering the scar that laid on her face while Alive had placed a scarf around her head to cover most of her skin.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella questioned her as she pushed on the gas pedal.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto." Alice replied, briefly looking over at her.

"Not today." Bella simply replied.

Ellie looked down at her hand as a spark of blue energy suddenly appeared in the palm of her hand. Lifting her hand up she shook it quickly watching the energy disappear from her palm.

"This is getting so weird." Ellie spoke to herself, while Alice had explained the vision she had just seen to Bella.

"God, Alice, you got to hurry up." Bella told her, wanting to get to Edward.

"There's Volterra." Alice said, causing Ellie and Astrid to look out the window to see the buildings.

"It's so beautiful." Ellie remarked, placing a smile on her face.

As Alice drove past the buildings, people started to appear. The vampire began honking on the horn to notify any humans that might be at risk of getting hit.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella asked, lifting her hands to her head and holding them on her knees.

"San Marco's Day festival." Alice informed both the humans though Ellie knew what they were doing.

"They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city." Ellie stated, Astrid looked at her while Bella turned to look back at her and Alice looked at her through the mirror.

"What?" She questioned, unsure of why she was receiving those looks. "I read a lot of historical books, you know." Ellie stated, holding her hands up in defense. "I only read them when I'm bored." Ellie added looking out the window.

"I think we need to find you a better hobby, when we get back." Astrid informed her, causing Ellie to roll her eyes in response.

"It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself." Alice informed the three brunettes.

"We have five minutes." Bella said, anxiety washing over her.

"I know, Bella, just breathe." Alice told her as she continued to drive up the hill.

Alice soon came to a stop as an officer walked in front of the car.

"Alice!" Bella called out, getting out of the car.

"Bella, you're the only one he can't see coming. If I go he'll read my thoughts. He'll think I'm lying. He'll rush into it." Alice explained to her, as Astrid and Ellie looked at Bella.

"Where do I go?" Bella asked her.

"He'll be under the clock tower. Go!" Alice said, Bella closed the door running in front of the car, heading into the crowd to save the love of her life.