chapter seventy-nine ▬▬▬ no laws have been broken

━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD AT the tree line, she looked to her daughter and kneeled down

━━━━━ ELLIE STOOD AT the tree line, she looked to her daughter and kneeled down. She then pulled her into a tight hug.

"You're going to stay with Seth unless otherwise." Ellie said, looking at her daughter. Carlisle kneeled down as well looking at her.

"But he will protect you." Carlisle added.

"I can stay, I can help." Gwendolyn said, looking at her parents.

"We know, sweetie. But if it turns into a fight, you can't be there." Ellie told her.

"We promise that everything will be okay." Carlisle added.

"Just promise that you'll stay with Seth no matter what?"

"I promise."

Ellie and Carlisle proceeded to pull their daughter into a tight hug. The two adults stood up and proceeded to walk out of the trees heading into the battleground. Gwendolyn walked in between Carlisle and Ellie. Snow was still falling and of course to add in an extra measure there was fog.

Shock fell onto Ellie's face as numerous witnesses of vampires emerged from the trees. Eventually they separated off to reveal the Volturi. Ellie looked to Aro, watching him scan the area. His eyes briefly stopped on Ellie but eventually continued to scan the area.

"Aro's looking for you and Alice." Edward said, popping into Ellie's thoughts.

"I know." Ellie breathed out. "Aro knows I'm here, but he's looking for Alice too." Ellie added, looking at Carlisle.

He nodded his head and grabbed a hold of her hand holding it tightly in his. As the Volturi continued to walk forward the wolves howled out in the distance. They also emerged from the trees and moved towards the vampires. Ellie looked over at Thalia watching as Max came to a stop next to her.

Then Astrid appeared on her side, standing tall next to her. While Seth stood on Carlisle's side ready to get Gwendolyn out of there in case something happened. Aro followed by the other's removed their hoods. Shock fell onto the brunette's face as she saw her mother walking with the Volturi.

She looked at Jamie who had the same look on his face. Ellie had been right, all those times she went to the grave to see her parents and talk to them her mom had been there taunting her. Carlisle then removed his hand from Ellie's, causing her to look at him. He then moved forward walking away from her and his daughter.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." Carlisle said, starting the conversation.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro responded.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken."

"We see the children. Do not treat us as fools." Caius argued back.