fifty

Sada
July 13th, 2019

"You sure you're alright honey?" An older woman asks as she presses a damp towel to my forehead.

"Yeah, I don't think I ate today." I sigh shakily and take another sip of my water.

"Okay, we called someone to come get you so just sit tight okay?" She hands me the cloth and I nod. Im currently sitting in the break room at Trader Joe's. I got overheated and passed out in the damn produce aisle. I hadn't eaten anything other than an apple today, it was extremely busy at Visionary's so no one had a chance to grab any food or even think about food.

On top of that, I had been spotting for the last three days so my period is underway. The last few days I'd been feeling terrible, I imstany thought that I'm
pregnant but when I took a test it came up negative. So, that only leaves one thing, my period.

I lean my head on the table and feel my body start to get hot. "Oh fuck." I jump up and run to a trash can. I lean over it and feel my mouth get extremely watery. I wipe my forehead and take deep breaths to attempt to calm my nauseous stomach.

"Shit, are you alright?" I hear a familiar voice ask and I nod, feeling the nausea sweep past me slowly.

"I'm fine." I choke up and slowly stand up straight. I push my locs back and turn seeing a face I thought I wouldn't see for a while. "Ally, what are you doing here?"

"I work here." She laughs and I take note of her uniform. "Not for long." She shrugs and helps me back to the table.

"Thank you," I pick the damp cloth back up and press it to my sweaty forehead feeling slightly at ease.

"How are you?" She asks, "I mean besides the whole passing out at groceries stores thing." She laughs and I chuckle too.

"I been okay, same old Sada. You?" I ask while squinting my eyes feeling a headache coming.

"Could be better but I'm good." She says and I nod slowly feeling the awkwardness. "I'm sorry for how everything went Sada." She says after a while.

"It's alright. Water under the bridge." I shrug causing her to smile genuinely. "So, how's life? Still dating that girl?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows to make her laugh.

"Nia? No I broke it off. I don't think I should date anyone if I'm in love with someone else." She says the last part quietly making me feel guilty.

"I- I wanna apologize for everything too. Not telling you about Billie may have seemed like the right idea but it wasn't. It's normal to me because sometimes I forget about who she is but I can understand why it freaked you out."

"Water under the bridge." She says with a smirk. She opens her mouth to speak again but the door swinging open stops her.

"Oh! Mama's baby, are you alright?" My mom rushes over to me and engulfs me in a tight hug.

"I'm alright Ma." I groan and pull away from the hug.

"Alright, let's get you home." She helps me stand I turn to wave to Ally.

"Take care Ally," I politely smile her way and she sends me a wave. "I can walk Ma." I laugh feeling my moms tight grip around me.

"You can but I want to be sure you don't faint again. Gonna give me a damn heart attack." She sighs dramatically and I shake my head. "Your sister's gonna drive your car-"

"That girl is not my sister." I grumble as we walk out of the front door.

"Be nice little girl." She warns, pinching my side. I flinch instantly and frown.