thirteen

Sada
December 18th, 2018

"Happy birthday Billie!" I smile hugging her, rocking from side to side in the tight hug. She smiles big and thanks me before taking the gift bag. Tori, Kevin and Nya all give her a hug and wish her a happy birthday as well. Today is Billie's 17th birthday and of course, I had to come. Per her request I invited my friends and they were more than happy to come celebrate with her.

Me and Nya had a conversation about how she was extremely disrespectful to Billie and she apologized to her again over the phone.

"Thank you. You didn't have to get me anything."

"Yes I did. It's nothing really." I shrug downplaying my gift.

"Can I open it now?" Before I could respond a few people come over to where we are interrupting our little moment.

"Oh, who is this?" A girl with short brown hair asks with a smirk nudging Billie.

"Hi, I'm Sada." I smile nervously feeling eyes on me. I realize two of the guys there are the Bell Twins, one girl in Danielle Bregoli aka Bhad Bhabie, beside her is Zoe.

"Hey Zoe." I beam reaching over to give her a hug.

"Hi Sada, how are you?" She says with a smile as we pull away from the hug and sends a wave to Tori causing her to blush.

"Im good, oh these are my friends Kevin, Nya and you know Tori."

"This is Drew, Isaac and Eli, Dani and you know Zoe." I wave at everyone feeling a little anxious to be meeting them. Zoe blows me a kiss and I laugh, shaking my head at her silliness.

"Oh shit y'all are kinda matching." Isaac says and we both look down at our clothes and laugh. I'm dressed in a white halter top and checkered jeans to match with my all white Nikes matching hers.

"You tryna match my fly bro?" She questions with a playful smirk and I roll my eyes.

"No bro, you're tryna match mine."

"Where'd you say y'all met?" Eli asks cutting off our conversation.

"Camp flog gnaw." I answer with a small smile thinking about how sweet she was to us.

"She was being a groupie." Billie teases slinging her arm around me and I push it off with my face scrunched up.

"Get off-"

"How long have y'all been friends?" Dani asked with a slight attitude and I open my mouth to speak again but Drew cuts me off this time. If they cut me off one more fucking time.

"Are y'all even friends?" If we weren't friends I wouldn't be here right now.

"Gi—"

"Doesn't matter. Let's go inside." Billie buts in, cutting off my smart comment. She walks away leaving us all standing there but I follow shortly after with a shrug. I catch up to her and glance at her.

"Are you alright?" I ask squinting from the harsh sun.

"I'm good, are you alright?" She glances over at me squinting too and I nod. I just want to know why they were all in interrogation mode. Why did they seem like they were trying to be rude?

We all walk inside the building and make our way towards the counter to get our ice skates and I offer to pay for Billie's but she declines replying that her mother and father paid for all of us, such sweethearts. I grab my skates and make my way to the big table where her family is seated. I spot Maggie and she beams making her way over to me.

"Hi Maggie, how are you?" She embraces me into a warm hug and I smile feeling full in her welcoming arms.

"I'm doing well honey, how are you?" She asked pulling away, hands still holding onto my arms.