fourty two

Sada
May 31st, 2019

Think I done caught my groove again,I found the one,

I found the one,

There's a leak in the roof, aw damn,
Rain on my fun
Dripping down to my shoes,

I slip, the puddles growin
My mama said, I use my gift,
then I'll be fine

If not it's gone,
then once it's gone
Here we are

I bob my head to the music as I cut the veggies and toss them in my big ass salad bowl. I plan on taking some to my mom and Maddy later so I pretty much loaded enough salad for us to have today and tomorrow. I have the house to myself all day so I'm spending my wonderful off day blasting Smino and ignoring Ally.

She's been texting me nonstop since I left her house. She thinks sending a few "I'm sorrys" and kissy face emojis will make me forgive her childishness. Tuh! Wrong bitch.

I dry my hands off quickly after hearing my music stop and my phone vibrating on the counter. I pick up noticing it's Tina and smile at her loud ass voice.

"Cousin! I'm coming over with Olu!"

"Y'all are in luck cause I'm making a salad." I hear them both get excited and I roll my eyes. I'll just get curry for mama and Maddy.

"Step on the gas T!" Olu yells in the background and I bust out laughing at his foolishness.

"Can you call the others and tell them to co-" Before I could finish my sentence I hear my front door open. I grab a knife from the cutting board and come around the wall seeing my friends sliding their shoes off.

"Oop. Who she tryna kill with that on?" Kevin laughs, gesturing to my long white t-shirt.

"Never mind they're here. I'll see y'all in a bit." I tell Tina and hang up once she responds with an 'Okay'. I set my phone and the knife on the counter. "What are y'all doing here?"'

"We were supposed to go to the mall today but you weren't responding to the group chat so we made a pop up." Tori explains, eating a back of chips.

"Sorry, I've been ignoring Ally all day so I put my phone on dnd." I walk to my room to quickly change my clothes.

"Why are we ignoring Ally?" Nya asks from the kitchen and I come join her seeing she's cutting up the rest of my vegetables for the salad. I grab a few cups and take them to the coffee table.

"We're ignoring Ally?" Tina asks as she and Olu burst through the front door. They both give me welcoming hugs and I sigh watching them simultaneously take off their shoes. They're so oddly in sync.

"She found me on a Billie page and freaked out." I grab a pitcher of water and set that on the coffee table as Nya comes out with the salad bowl. She walks back into the kitchen and comes back out with bowls and forks for us.