Chapter 4: "Friends? "

I walked out the classroom by myself still laughing at the corny jokes Chad kept telling me. He grabbed his backpack and ran towards me.

"Why you leave me? You must want me to get lost in this big ass school."he joked with me.

"You have to find your way around here eventually. "I said as I opened my locker.

"So um.. Can I ask you something? "

I looked at him in his beautiful eyes. He was a bit on the shorter side but that only made him more adorable,"Sure."

"Can I have your number?"

"Wow, you're pretty straight forward. " I wrote it down and as soon as he touched it I snatched it back, " I hope it's for all the right reasons."

He laughed, " We're friends aren't we? " he snatched the piece of paper from my hand and walled off.

Melissa came up behind me,"Well I'm glad you done with that single stuff."

I stared at her,"Who said that? "

"You and Chad said that. "

We starting walking to Calculus which we had together,"Um no. I'm still being by myself. Chad and I are just friends."

She started laughing, "Well I guess if you don't want him, I'll take him. I like him more anyways. Tell me about him."

"He's super corny but it's funny. He got into it with Mr. Koejic last period and called his mustache a squirrel."she started laughing, "You always did laugh at the corniest jokes."

[Later... In Regular POV]

Chad sat in his next class waiting for the class to start. He decided to go ahead and put Athena's number in his phone. He pulled his iPhone out and named her “Crush”. After a few minutes a Hispanic boy walked in the class and he was high off his ass. He looked very mean and intimidating but Chad didn't mind him.

The boy stared at him the entire class period with an evil look. Chad became uncomfortable and the second the bell rang Chad tried to dart out. The boy stood in Chad's way so he couldn't get past. He was taller than him so he became very uncomfortable.“Excuse me I think the door of over there. ”

“Fuck you think you are funny boy?”the boy intimidated him.

“Chad McNeal.. And you are? ”The boy pushed Chad down and began wailing him in the face. After Chad realized his lip was bleeding it seemed the boy stopped. Chad was a bit on the soft side so he really didn't fight back.

“And oh.. I'm Marquis.”