Chapter 8: Not You Again

Picture of Marcus

I opened my locker and grabbed my book. I check my phone the millionth time today. I've been worried sick about Marquis, he is very unpredictable.

Melissa came and took the phone out of my hand, "He's alright Thena. I wish you stop worrying."

I sighed and grabbed my phone back." I can't. He told me he didn't know how long he could take this..."

Melissa grabbed my cheeks and formed a smile "It'll be okay. I think he can make it through this. He tough."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I think he a robot. I ain't never seen him show no emotion really."She laughed.

"Except when he was with me. He was so nice and caring." I started remembering all the little moments we had.

"Girls stop! That's what he wants you/to do! You starting to catch feelings again. Athena he cheated on you and I hate to say it but that means he didn't care about you . So please, before you get hurt again, move on."

I hugged Melissa and cried a little bit."It's so hard to forget a big part of my life."

She patted my back. "You going to move on girl. Find you a new man who really care about you."

We broke apart and to walked out the school. Chad was outside talking to a few of his new friends so we decided to leave him alone. Melissa and I sat down on a bench and talked some more about the whole "Marquis" thing. Then Melissa saw someone. She pointed at them and when I looked I groaned.

"Hey Thena. You miss me?" Marcus greeted us. He sat down beside me and put his hand on mine.

I snatched my hand away." No Marcus I didn't miss you. I actually wish you didn't come back. What happened to you being expelled? "

"My daddy smoothed it over with the principal. It was an accident anyways. "he laughed.

I stared at him, " In what way is beating a teacher up until he had a black eye an accident? "

"Self defense. But that's not what I'm here for."

Melissa leaned over me and glared at him." What are you here for?"

Marcus got irritated, "I didn't think yo name was Athena. Mind yo fucking business. " he breathed and started smiling again, "Now I know it's only March but I know how y'all girls are with prom."

"Where is this going?" I looked the other way. I started to scoot away before he grabbed me.

"Calm down. I just wanted to ask you to prom."

"Why me? Can't you get any girl you want? " Athena and I laughed.

"You already know it but I want you. I've been liking yo ass for a long time but you be playing hard to get."

"You just broke up with somebody. Three class periods ago. And you already asking another girl to prom. "

"So? Why does that matter? I ain't like her no way. " he was getting irritated again. He had a very short temper so I didn't try to bug him that much.

"Marcus just leave me alone. " He snatched my phone,"Give me my phone Marcus. "

I started to walk after him and he was running. He took advantage of me having no password and was doing something on my phone. He stopped after a couple minutes and gave me my phone back. "Here ya go. Couldn't find anything. "

I snatched it and walked away. I can't stand him at all.

So sorry bout the wait.... Had issues.

So yeah. Athena maybe still has feelings for Marquis. I knew she did, they dated for three years who could move on that easy. And it seems that Melissa really doesn't like Marquis. Is it because he hurt her best friend or something else? And why does it seem like she didn't care about his problems?

And Marcus. Lol he's a character huh? Why do you think Marcus acts the way he acts? Do you think he has genuine feelings for Thena? Or he just lusting?

Don't forget to vote. I mean views are enough, but voting- that's like heaven. Just do it. Just one click.

As always.....

You guys inspire me!!