Chapter 22: Back Together

[Athena's POV]  I hadn't talked to Marcus for three days now. I know it's probably not his fault but I couldn't get over the fact I got cheated on twice. 

  I walked to my bus stop. I saw Melissa coming out of her house. I shot her a look. She glared back at me as she shut the door. I never imagined I would ever hate my best friend, no my sister.

I walked on the bus. Candy invited me to sit with her. I smiled at her and walked to the back where she was. “Hey Thena! Where you been?”

“I been home a couple of days. Cause, you know. ” I was talking about Melissa. Yes I was avoiding her but not because I was afraid of her. Whenever I saw her, I remembered how close we were and the things she said and did to me. I don't know how to feel about her hating me.If it wasn't for the fight, I think I would try to make up with her.

As if it was a sign, Melissa walked on the bus. She sat with the ratchet girls in the front of the bus, the type that will fight for anything. I looked over at our old bus seat. It looked so empty.

“Heard you got in a fight Lissa.” a girl named Sasha said. I looked up to see what Melissa said. Melissa smirked and nodded her head.

“Hell yeah. ” Melissa bragged. The girls started laughing and cheering her on.

“Dang who was it? Did yo bestie jump in? ” Sasha asked. Melissa looked at the back of the bus and smiled.

“That's who the fuck it was! ” Melissa laughed. Everyone said “damn” loudly in shock. They turned around and looked at me.

“Got yo ass whooped Thena? Damn you soft.” the bus started laughing. I sank down into my seat. I was so angry now. She was bragging about us getting into a fight like it was a good thing. And then had everyone laughing at me.

“She's gonna get it when we get off this bus.”  I mumbled to myself as I sat my head against the window.

                                                                     †††

The bus doors opened. Candy shook me to wake me up. I got up and put my backpack on as I fixed my skirt. The front yard was full of kids and I noticed someone.

I walked up quickly behind her. She wasn't paying attention so I took it as an advantage and pushed her hardly to the ground. She fell in shock.“What the fuck was that for? ” Then she noticed who I was.

I began slapping her in the face. She tried to kick me off of her but it only made me be able to hit her stomach. I pulled my fist back and she gasped. “Wait Thena I'm pregnant! ”

I froze and looked at her in confusion. “Really? ”

“I would've told you but-” she stopped talking and started glaring at me. “Fuck am I explaining to you for? I ain't yo friend no more. I got yo ass when this baby out.”

She walked away. I sighed and felt a tear escape my eye. “I can't believe this.”

I fixed my backpack again because it was messed up from me almost fighting again. Candy was off talking to Sean so I decided to let her have her free time and walk to my locker alone.

When I finally got to my locker, Marcus was sitting there. He smiled and walked up to me. “Hey baby. I missed you. Where yo ass been?”

“Home. After what you did I just couldn't come-” I started to say staring at the floor.

“What I do?” he asked me. I could tell that he was so innocent this time.

“You don't remember anything from the party? ” I asked him.

He sat and thought about the party. “I can't remember anything past taking Melissa upstairs. In the morning I woke up on the guest bedroom half naked.”

I was silent. I really couldn't believe this was happening. These drugs seem so fake, like something you see in a movie or book. But Marcus actually was roofied. I didn't know how to tell him but I knew I had to tell him. “Melissa um... She drugged you. Then had sex with you.”

He started laughing. “Tell me the truth.” I stared at him in his eyes. “You serious? ”

I shook my head yes. “I couldn't believe it either but we saw it and how you were acting.”

He shook his head and slammed his fist into the locker. Everyone turned around. “That fucking bitch! She been tryna ruin us for too fucking long!”

“Wait what? ”

“She been doing a bunch a shit behind yo back. Flirting with me, telling me to try a real bitch and once she grabbed my dick.” he told me.

“Why didn't you tell me? ”

“I didn't want to ruin y'all friendship. Plus I didn't want you thinking I was cheating. ”

I thought about it. I reached up and kissed him. “Just please, from now on, tell me everything. Cool? ”

“That's alright. ” he kissed me. “I'm glad we're back together. ”

                       ****
[Normal POV]

Melissa heard the lunch bell ring. She was sleep the entire class so when she finally got up everyone was out of the class already. She went to her locker and grabbed her backpack and the rest of her things.

She waited for the city bus. She rode to Mark's neighborhood and got off. She walked to Mark's house and opened the door with the key he gave her.

Mark wasn't home. He went to Louisiana to visit his family. Quise was in the front room standing up over a table.She walked up behind him and saw cocaine again. She gasped.“You said you wasn't gonna do that stuff anymore.”

“How bout you stay out my fucking business.” he snorted. Melissa sighed and wiped her eyes.

“I have something I need to tell you. ” she said awkwardly.

“What? ” he turned around.

She didn't know how to tell him. She  told him to wait a quick second and she walked upstairs. She had saved the test results so she would just show him that.

She walked downstairs to where he was at. She had put the pregnancy test in an envelope and threw it at him. He opened it and looked at it. Melissa watched as a tear fell out of his eye. “You're pregnant?”

She shook her head yes. She was scared Quise would go ballistic but he didn't. He hugged her and was happy for her.

Don't  feel like doing it again, but how bout you guys ask the questions and I answer? Yeah that sounds nice. Vote too.

As always..

You guys inspire me!!