Chapter 19: The Party (Part II)

Picture of Sean

“Dang girl you looking cute!” Melissa yelled as I came out of the bathroom from changing.

I smiled and shook my head. “Thanks but I don't look that cute.”

She laughed.“Stop playing. You gone have all the dudes tonight huh?”

I shook my head and giggled.“Now you know I'm with Marcus. I don't cheat.”

“Loosen up!”she said. She picked up a curling iron and handed it to me,“Help me curl my hair too.”

“Yeah, okay.” I grabbed the curling iron and put it in her hair. She had two curling irons so we were doing it at the same time. Since she had a long hair she needed two people to make it faster. She looked in the mirror while she did her side.

I was zoned out most the time doing her hair. I just couldn't get what Candy said out of my head. I was pretty sure she would know if Marcus was cheating or not. But she also could be lying so she wouldn't get caught cheating with him. Either way it was bugging me. “Hey remember how you said Marcus was trying to cheat on me?”

Melissa leaned on into the mirror so she could see her hair better. “Yeah. What about it?”

“Well I was talking to his ex today and-”

“Candy?” she interrupted me. She turned around and put the curling iron down. I nodded. “Why the fuck would you believe her?”

“I don't know. She seems nice.”

Melissa chuckled and looked into my eyes. “Athena you really got to stop believing everything somebody say. But what she tell you? ”

“That she knows the signs of Marcus cheating on somebody and this isn't that.”

Melissa smacked her lips. “Bitch just trying to still your man Thena. Just leave it alone."

“Okay.” I brushed it off and went back to doing her hair for a bit. Maybe Melissa was right; Candy's just trying to steal my boyfriend. I mean it makes sense- Candy was Marcus' longest relationship before me and she probably loved him. But something was telling me that maybe Candy is right.

Melissa came out with a bikini on. At the last minute Candy changed it to a pool party because she thought it would be more fun. I didn't plan on getting in the pool so I wore a regular outfit. I looked at her up and down. “Woah too much skin. The guys are going to be all over you.”

She laughed.“Thena I already got a boyfriend. I ain't worried about them.”

“A new boyfriend? Why didn't I know?” I asked.

“I wanted it to be a surprise.” she told me.
She was happy, so happy that it made her look evil.

“So when will I meet this guy?”

“Soon. I promise. ” she looked into my eyes deeply.

We finished the rest of our things before heading out to the party.

                                  ****

Marcus picked us up. It was a bit awkward in the car. The fact that my boyfriend could have tried to hook up with my best friend was mind-racking.  I looked at him and he smiled.  Then I remembered the good times we had. The nights we spent on the phone, the dates of laughter we had, and the many times he told me he loved me. I loved his thug attitude and I couldn't imagine my life without it right now. Even if he did actually do that with Melissa, I think I would try to work it out.