~ Chapter 45 ~ (Breath Of The Sun)

Start from the beginning

Kyojuro smiled brightly when he saw the boy, "Hello Senjuro! I'm finally home" Kyojuro said loudly. The boy turned his attention to the flame pillar and a smile plastered on his face.

"Nii-san! You're here" Senjuro said walking to Kyojuru before hugging him. Kyojuro rubbed his brother head and Senjuro let go from hugging his brother.

"How is father today?" Kyojuro asked. Senjuro looked down after his older brother asked him about their father. "Father is the same as always..." Senjuro told him while looking down.

Kyojuro immediately understood his brother and put his hand on his brother shoulder reassuring him. Both of them knew how their father's behaviour right now.

Their father, Shinjuro Rengoku, the past flame pillar before Kyojuro, has changed after their mother, Ruka Rengoku passed away from her illness.

Their father has become rather abusive since their mother passed away. He always drown himself with alcohol since then. He sometimes threw harsh insults at both of his sons sometimes.

Kyojuro immediately changed the topic, "Before I forgot, Senjuro... I want you to meet Tanjirou Kamado" Kyojuro introduced Tanjirou to his brother.

Senjuro looked up with a better mood looked at Tanjirou, "Hello mister Tanjirou, it's nice to meet you. I'm Senjuro Rengoku" Senjuro said being respectful.

"Please, just call me Tanjirou. You made me feel old calling me mister hehe" Tanjirou told Senjuro, laughing lightly. Senjuro also just laughed while Kyojuro just watched the two of them with a bright smile on his face. The two of them are already getting along with each other.

This was until they heard another voice who sounds angry, "Kyojuro? Who is this worthless brat you brought along?! No wonder, since you're a worthless child yourself!"

Tanjirou was shocked when he heard this and look at the source of the voice. He saw an older man who resembles a lot like Kyojuro and Senjuro standing at the door of the house. It seems like this is their father.

Senjuro flinched when he heard his father yelling at his brother. Kyojuro however just smiled at his father warmly. "Hello father! It seems like you're looking fine. I hope you continue taking care your health better." Kyojuro said.

"Stop with your nonsense Kyojuro! Now, who is this worthless brat you brought here?" Shinjuro said clearly not being pleased by the guest coming here.

Shinjuro looked at Tanjirou and his eyes become wide and he dropped the jar containing an alcohol in his hand. The jar shattered to pieces. "You... I see, you're..." Shinjuro said stuttering because of the shock.

"You're a breath of the sun user right!... That's right!" Shinjuro said angrily. Tanjirou had a look of wonder in his face after hearing Shinjuro. "What are you talking about? Breath of the sun?" Tanjirou asked clearly not knowing about it.

Shinjuro immediately dashed straight at Tanjirou about to attack him but Kyojuro stand in front of Tanjirou protectively. Shinjuro stopped in his track glaring at his son, "What are you doing Kyojuro! Get out of my way!"

"I'm sorry for disobeying you father, but I cannot let you attack him. Tanjirou is still injured and in a bad shape" Kyojuro said.

"You worthless being! You have been an eyesore for soo long! Always getting in my way!" Shinjuro said clearly mad at Kyojuro. Senjuro is looking afraid at his father. However, Kyojuro didn't seem to affected by his father's word at him and smiled brightly as he always has been at his father.

Tanjirou heard Shinjuro throwing curses at his own son, he can feel his blood boil from this. "THAT'S ENOUGH YOU ABOMINATION! JUST WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?!!" Tanjirou shouted at Shinjuro.

"How could you badmouth your own family! They are your own flesh and blood! How could you?!! What's your goal in this?!!" Tanjirou said clearly mad. "It's ok Tanjirou, father is actually a good man. He didn't mean any of it." Kyojuro said trying to calm down Tanjirou.

"You're just making fun of us aren't you?" Shinjuro accused. "Why would you think of that?! I have no idea what are you saying! Don't accuse me!" Tanjirou retorted.

"Became you're a breath of the sun user! I know those earrings, it was written" Shinjuro said. Kyojuro looked at his father in thought, it seems his father does know something.

"That's right, the breath of the sun. It's the original breath. The breath that was the first one ever created and the one which every other breath is derived from!"

"Every other breath is nothing more than an imitation of the breath of the sun. They're not only blatant copies, but also inferior version! Flames, water, wind, everything!" Shinjuro revealed.

Kyojuro is in a deep though himself, it seems that they might find a lot of thing about the breath of the sun from the old flame pillars notes after all. This is proven with how his father knew a lot about it. Tanjirou however had a look of confused after hearing what Shinjuro just said.

"Don't you dare get full of yourself just because I said you're a breath of the sun user, you brat!" Shinjuro told Tanjirou.

"I can't ever get full of myself! Do you know how badly I've been beaten down just now YOU SHITTY OLD MAN" Tanjirou said clearly pissed at Shinjuro. It was very rare for Tanjirou to curse at others unless he is really mad.

"Tanjirou, I think that's enough..." Kyojuro said to his fellow slayer. "Sorry for bothering you father, we will be leaving you alone for now." Kyojuro said.

Shinjuro just ignored Kyojuro before turning around and walked away into the streets. "It seems father is going out to buy alcohol as always" Senjuro said already getting used to it.

Then, the three of them entered the house. They entered the living room of the house and Kyojuro just said to wait as he began looking for the notes. Senjuro then also leaved to the kitchen making some tea.

A few minutes later, Senjuro returned with some cups of tea and give one to Tanjirou. "Thank you Senjuro" Tanjirou said in gratitude.

"It's nothing Tanjirou. Anyway, sorry about my father's behaviour. My brother is right when he said that father is actually a good man. He just changed one day after our mother passed away. But we still believe he is still the good man he always has been." Senjuro said in sorrow.

Tanjirou nodded, finally understanding why Shinjuro is acting like this. But he was interrupted in his thought as Kyojuro returned with a book in his hand that is written 'the 21st generation of the flame pillar'.

Kyojuro however just sighed loudly before handing the book to Tanjirou. "What's wrong Nii-san?" Senjuro asked his brother.

"I have found the book, however it seems like the information is not clear due to some misfortune" Kyojuro said. Tanjirou looked at the flame pillar confused before he opened the book. Tanjirou's eyes become wide along with Senjuro after they saw the book condition.

~Flashback End~

~Flashback End~