~ Chapter 36 ~ (Hatred And Hated)

"Hinokami Kagura...Dance!" Tanjirou's blade begin to reignite into red fire before he slashed through red threads produced by the the lower moon 5 demon, Rui.

Rui tried to stop Tanjirou by sending more of his threads toward Tanjirou. Tanjirou however just keep evading with his blade still on fire. Few of the threads hit him causing cut around his body, however Tanjirou never stopped.

Rui begin to panic as he begin to jump away from Tanjirou and also continue to send more of his threads. But it was futile as Tanjirou managed to chase Rui and cut every threads that Rui sent.

Suddenly, other threads that attached to Rui began to explode. It was from Tanjirou's sister, Nezuko who is being strangled by Rui's threads. Nezuko used her blood demon art making her blood that flowed on the threads exploded.

Rui released the threads attached to Nezuko immediately. However this leave Tanjirou an opening for his attack. Tanjirou landed his broken blade on Rui's neck.

"The bond between Nezuko and I, can't be... SEVERED BY ANYONE" Tanjirou said before he decapitated Rui's head off. Rui's head began flying in the air before falling on the ground.

Tanjirou finally fall towards the ground. His body already reached it's limit. Nezuko is also released and fall at the ground with a thud.

"Nezuko!" Tanjirou called her sister in concern. 'I-I won' Tanjirou thought to himself. A few other thought run into his minds like his late father was the one who saved him by making him able to unleash the Hinokami.

Tanjirou slowly stand up, however his vision is blurred. Suddenly he feel pain coursing through his whole body. Tanjirou fall onto the ground again.

He started to crawl towards Nezuko slowly. Another thought running inside his mind. He still need to fight! He need to save his friend, Inosuke.

Suddenly, a scent entered through Tanjirou's nose. The scent of blood. Tanjirou finally remembered he didn't smell any scent of ashes. Demon dies and turn into ashes but there was none right now.

Tanjirou eyes became wide as he heard footsteps from behind. 'Don't tell me...'

"Even though I chopped his head?!!" Tanjirou said with a clear shock in his voice. "You thought you'd defeated me?" Tanjirou heard a voice from his back.

"Poor kid... Did your pathetic delusion bring you joy?"

"I cut off my head myself with my own threads... Before you could chop it off" Rui told him. Rui head is hanging on his threads right now.

"Enough, I'll kill both of you and your sister. I haven't been this enraged in a long time." Rui said clearly mad right now. Tanjirou continue to crawl away more faster with thoughts running right now.

He need to get up! He need to get his breath under control! He need to hurry right now!

"But I wonder why you're not burning up..." Rui said before he attached his head back to his body and it instantly healed. "It was only me and my threads that caught fire, right?"

"I don't know if it's your sister's power, but thanks for getting me super-annoyed" Rui said walking slowly to Tanjirou while his hand begin to create more threads.