Part 24- Coming to Truth.

Start from the beginning

"Fai, you're a doctor and I would you expect you above everyone else, to not judge me for it" she explained and he nodded as he felt his heart rip out of his chest.

"I know, but that's precisely my point"

"Huh?"

"When you and I met, I wasn't exactly the happiest man on earth...I was going through something—something deep" he explained.

"What? I don't—I don't understand..."

"You see you're not the only one who's lost a child to a miscarriage" he revealed as he retreated to the sofa on the left side of the room.

"You—had a baby too?" she enquired solemnly and he nodded. "Oh my God... I'm so sorry, I didn't know you had a miscarriage too" she sympathized and he chuckled painfully.

"No I didn't have a miscarriage...and you know sometimes, I actually wish we did, maybe then, things would have been so much easier"

" 'We'? Who's 'we'? "

"Me and her, the mother of my child" he revealed painfully as he recalled her face in his memory and gave a sad smile—one which didn't go unnoticed by Maldives. Could it be that he still loves her???

"Oh..." she managed to say, when he looked to her face to check that she was still in the conversation.

"Are you okay?" he asked and she nodded "Yeah—yeah I am" *clears throat*
"So, what happened?" she further questioned and he felt his teeth grind against each other as he began recalling events.

"She aborted my child...our child—and she lied to me about it" he explained.

Fai had just pulled over at Hailey's house, agitated at the fact that she had not been picking his calls all day, nor had she responded to any of his texts and he had become really worried.

There was the fact that they were both supposed to be representing their companies in a meeting with foreign investors from China and if they weren't on their way in the next five minutes or so, he would honestly have to break some rules and bear the burden of owning some tickets from the cops, else, they face the risk of missing out on what could be a business deal of a lifetime.

Also, her current 'condition' did nothing but elevate his state of worry and every one hour gone without her checking in with him via texts or calls drove him crazy. Yes, he was that protective of her and his unborn.

"There better be a good explanation for her driving me with this crazy suspense!" he groaned to himself as he opened the door to her lavishly-furnished two-story mansion.

"Hailey? Are you home???" he queried as he searched around the kitchen and guest rooms.

"Fai!!!.."he heard her voice call faintly from where he guessed to be her room. Taking the longest strides his tree-long legs could manage, he made his way up the stairs leading to her room.

"Hailey??! Where have you—oh my God! What happened?!" he shouted when he was brought to the sight of what he could only describe as the most traumatic scene he had ever seen in his life.

Hailey lay flat, with her yellow floral gown, covered in a pool of blood, one which had its source at the one place he hoped it wouldn't be—her uterus.

"Hailey...oh my God! Hailey are you okay?! What happened...how—how did this happen?!" he questioned as he lifted her up with his arms, traumatized and half-paralyzed at the scene which set before him.

Nothing, no amount of years spent in medical school, had prepared him for the task which stared him right in the face.

"It hurts Fai...it hurts so bad" she shrieked in pain as he carried her down the stairs and settled her into the back seat of his car.