Chapter Five

Here's the next part. I'm glad you're enjoying this story as much as I am writing it. This is different to what I normally write so it's challenging yet exciting!

//

Demi woke up the next morning to a darkened room, a thin tanned arm was lying over her hipbone and the feel of someone breathing touching her neck every few seconds. She lifted her head up only a little to tilt her body round. Certain memories of last night had stayed and many were blurry like a bad dream she had just woken up from and was trying to convince herself as to what reality was and not. She saw Wilmer sleeping behind her and instantly felt safe again. This feeling was strange to her and confused her. She had never felt it often before only once or twice when she was younger, the second everything was turned upsides down she knew that her life was now a living example of how bad things could get if you didn't understand how to behave and act. She had played along with the rules for so long and known when to speak and not. It was how she remained with her mom despite all the mental health problems she faced. 

She stayed still til she heard the familiar sound of her text tone. She gulped as

she gently lifted his arm off her waist and laid it back down on the bed before crawling out of it and heading across the room where her dress was scattered on the floor. She picked it up and put back on. It smelt heavily of alcohol that had been splashed down it and worst was the remaining smell of Dylan's cologne. She blinked realising that was one of the real things that had happened to her last night and what was worse the more sober she got the more images she seemed to reel together in her mind like a jigsaw.

She grabbed her phone from off the top of the chest of drawers and scrolled through the notifications from bottom to top, most of them were from Sandra asking where she was, and giving her an update about the police. The last and most recent message was from her mom. She gulped loudly and opened it.

‘Dems, where are you?’ was all it said. She panicked knowing it would only be a matter of time before her mom went to Sandra’s looking for her and when she wasn’t there she’d only go to the next conclusion. She grabbed one of Wilmer’s hoodies and put it over her body before slipping her phone into the pouch on the front.

She put on her high heels and slowly opened Wilmer's door. She couldn't decide if she wake him up or simply leave him a note. She decided on sending him a lengthy text thanking him and that she left so she could get back to Sandra's to get her things and get home as quickly as she could so that she could try explain why she had took so long to get home. She replied back to her mom

‘I’ll be home soon, just finishing a movie with Sandra’ she thought of the first thing that came to mind.

She walked back not knowing 100% the direction to Sandra's house from here but used the fully installed Satnav on her phone to help guide her. She knocked on her friend’s doors and laughed when she saw how rough Sandra looked. The patch of puke in her golden hair highlighted how much of fun morning she obviously had. 

"I need to get my things and get home before my mom kills me, she’s already texted me to ask why I’m not home yet" Demi replied and walked upstairs towards Sandra's room. 

"Where did you go last night?" Sandra asked. She had asked around for her but no one knew where she disappeared only that she wasn't there when the police raided the party and called her parents home from their business meeting. Due to plane delay they still hadn't arrived back.