Chapter Nineteen

Thank you so much for your feedback. I felt strangely inspired to write this chapter. I hope all of you know how beautiful you are!

//

It had been several days since the meeting at the funeral directors. As Wilmer had instructed they had been going through Dianna for most of the arrangements, and getting the go ahead from Wilmer. She had done him justice, making sure everything was perfect and exactly what he wanted. He wanted his grandparents to understand his love for them and how important their lives had been to him.

It was a Wednesday morning and Demi had just left for school. Despite her protests daily she still went to school once Wilmer practically told her he wouldn't kiss her if she didn't. She always sighed and left the door with a loud slam. Dianna had often thanked Wilmer for bribing her out of the door. As for Wilmer he'd been given til after the funeral off school, as they understood how difficult this time would be.

Demi was walking and looking down at the ground at her phone. She had texted Wilmer to wish him a good day. She always did it was now like some sort of routine between them both. She never thought she'd be the leader ever in a relationship but she was, and more importantly she felt content with her life right now.

As she carried on walking down the corridor she noticed a bunch of the football guys walk up to her and bump into her arm sending her phone flying across the hard floor and into some lockers where a bunch of girls she'd never seen laughed loudly. She excused herself and picked her phone up. She sighed as she noticed the crack in the corner of the iPhone screen.

"Seriously" she muttered out loud. How would she explain this to her mom?

"Dem" Sandra came running over to see her. She couldn't help but notice how defeated her friend looked now. She had watched it all happen and couldn't get through the morning crowds in time to help.

"It's okay" Despite her best acting her sadness was still showing. She shuffled so she was standing again, she put her phone away in her bag hoping nothing else happened to it today she couldn't afford a new one and asking would be completely pushing the on-going situation at home.

As the bell rang the girls walked together to the class. When they walked in they noticed their usual seats were taken. Demi sighed and sat a row in front of where she normally sat. It was the girls she had never got on with, but always acted okay with her because she was friends with their friends. But now something had changed. As the teacher began to talk and bore them all with the languages of literature she scribbled down in her book until she felt something small hit her back. She grabbed the paper and opened it up making sure he wasn't looking.

'Slut' it said. She wanted to run, get out. She wasn't. What the hell was going on?

She felt another tap and grabbed the next item. 'Slag'

She felt the anger inside her building up. With the third tap she opened the paper without caring if the teacher saw her or not. 'We know what you did with Ryan' the flashbacks to that night still haunted her even if she didn't talk about it a lot. She never saw that side of anyone and it scared her. She sighed and screwed up the pieces of paper and flicked them into her open bag.