High school

Amelia

I started high school, and let me tell you it's scary. I wandered around the halls, searching for my classes. I found Aria and Lily, which is a plus.

"Look who got a body?" Aria mentioned.

"Amelia, you look great," Lily said.

"Dad said I went through my awkward phase," I said as my friends laughed.

We talked as people crowded the hallways.

"Damn, look who changed," Aria mentioned.

We looked to see Colton Hardwick stroll through the hallway wearing a tight tee-shirt, jeans, and boots. You could see his muscles in through his shirt.

"It looks like someone else had a transformation," Lily commented.

I couldn't help but stare at Colton. I watched him pull out a book and flip through it. He still reads. I smiled. I watched Colton close his locker door and leave. Maybe one day I might get up the nerve to talk to him.

******
Colton

I went to class and found a seat in the back. I didn't talk to anyone as people found their places. Rumors flew about me, and I allowed them. People left me alone.

I went to school with people that I hated. I heard the whispers and saw the looks. I didn't care. It's not like anything changed throughout the years.

After class, I walked through the halls as passed Reed. I bumped into him.

"Watch it!" Reed snapped.

"Go fuck yourself," I replied as I kept walking.

Reed looks like a deer caught in headlights. I smirked. I didn't care. Reed Harrison is an asshole. The entire football team is dicks. Jock mentality, I thought as I moved my hand in a stroking motion. It's no wonder they passed their classes since most never cracked a book.

After school, I left school, and one of the dipshit jocks thought it would be cute to jump me. I dropped his stupid ass. It helps when you work outside, building muscles. I beat the hell out of the guy. His buddies thought they would help him. I thought it was comical as I hit the shit out of them.

When you take years of rejection and anger, letting both builds, it's bound to come out. Maybe these assholes should treat me better. People need to leave me the hell alone.

*******
Luke

Amelia came home, and I looked up from my book. "How was your first day of school?" I asked.

"Scary," Amelia answered, sitting down in a chair.

I chuckled.

"The people seem bigger and meaner," Amelia mentioned.

"Well, maybe those people have things going on in their life," I reasoned.

"Aria commented on my body," Amelia said.

"What did Aria say?" I asked.

"Someone got a body over the summer. Dad, I didn't like it," Amelia answered.

"Lia, people will say things about you. You can engage or ignore them. People who make comments about someone are insecure about themselves. Don't acknowledge Aria's comment. She's looking for a reaction," I advised.

"Okay," Amelia agreed.

We talked about Amelia's first day of high school. I had a feeling the next four years would prove different until Amelia reached her senior year. It's my hope we can get her through high school with minor incidents.