Pizza

Natalie

I opened the door to Frankie's and looked around as Luke waved, signaling his table. I walked over and sat down as he sat.

"You surprised me when you called," I mentioned.

"I thought I haven't eaten and figured you would like to join me," Luke mentioned. "You did say you would meet me, and if it didn't work out, then you had a getaway car."

My brows raised as Luke smiled.

"I did say that, didn't I?" I asked.

"Yeah, you did," Luke answered.

"So this would comprise of a date," I mentioned.

"I would think so. No rule says you have to dress up and go to a fancy restaurant on a date. I found causal to be better," Luke explained.

I couldn't help but smile. I liked Luke's way of thinking. It was refreshing to sit with someone who didn't pressure you into an image that you didn't want.

"Since you know that my parents betrothed me to someone, you haven't said much about yourself," I mentioned.

"Well, I live with my mom to help her since my dad passed away five years ago. I work in a factory while attending night classes," Luke said, surprising me.

"You work in a factory," I mentioned, showing the surprise in my voice.

"It helps pay the bills, and I can cover any expense that my scholarships don't cover for school," Luke explained.

"But you went to Merrill Academy," I reasoned.

"Yes, because my parents thought I would receive a better education. I would have been happy with public school," Luke said.

"You were the most popular guy at school who played sports and was on the student council. Everyone liked you," I mentioned.

"I found if you're nice to people, it helps. My parents raised me to appreciate people and remain humble. What good is it to be nasty to people? Would it make me feel better about myself? I doubt it," Luke answered truthfully.

"I guess it doesn't matter your upbringing. I come from wealth and feel invisible," I said sighing.

"I find that unbelievable since you're exquisite. I never met a more beautiful girl," Luke flirted, surprising me.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I asked.

"Beautiful, smart, funny, kind, caring, and many more traits," Luke said, making my cheeks heat.

I looked at Luke curiously.

"What?" He asked.

"I thought you would have a girlfriend," I mentioned.

"I dated, but no girl caught my attention like you," Luke said, surprising me. "I noticed you in school. You had this bounce in your step, and your glasses would slide down the bridge of your nose to the tip. I thought I wonder what that girl is like," Luke added.

"I don't believe you," I said with disbelief.

"It's true. Why would I lie?" Luke asked me.

"Because you're Luke Langston. A guy like you could have any girl," I reasoned.

"And I'm sitting with the one that I want," Luke said, making me speechless.

I always imagined what it would be like to talk to Luke Langston, and here I am talking to him. He can't be real. No guy that looks like him is that nice. Most guys want one thing. I furrowed my brows.