26. Keep going

(Unedited)

Y/N's POV

A month had already passed since the incident on the rooftop with Eunbin and Minho, and everything had changed since then.

Minho hadn't been seen at school at all since that day. We heard that he had been taken to the police for questioning, but nothing happened to him since Eunbin's parents decided not to press charges. They said that doing that would only ruin Minho's future, it wouldn't bring them any closure to what happened to their daughter.

I thought otherwise though. I was more than happy to see that asshole behind bars for what he did. But it, unfortunately, wasn't up to me. It was up to Eunbin's parents and they were too nice to destroy Minho's life for making a mistake. Even though that mistake changed so many peoples' lives in a very drastic way.

Mina, who I know was somehow involved in the situation, has continued with her life as if nothing ever happened. Everybody at school knows about what happened, but Mina was never mentioned in anything. People hardly even mentioned Minho and the fact that it was his fault that Eunbin fell off of the roof. The only thing they spoke about was how bad they felt about what happened to Eunbin and then that they were glad that it wasn't them that it had happened to.

Every time I walked passed someone and heard them say how glad they were that it wasn't them that fell off of the roof, I wanted to stop and shove their face into a wall. I've never been a violent person, but those words just triggered the devil in me. It pissed me off beyond belief. It was disgusting how selfish people were. All they cared about was that it wasn't them that had fallen off of the rooftop, they didn't give a damn that it had happened to someone else. And that was what pissed me off the most.

As for Jaemin, I've been avoiding him since the day I sobbed like a baby in his arms. At first, he kept bugging me and trying to find out why I was ignoring him, but after about a week of giving him cold looks and not uttering a single word to him, he eventually gave up.

There was a small part of me that was a little disappointed that he gave up as quickly as he did. I thought that maybe, just maybe, he was going to be a little more persistent. But I was actually more thankful that he stopped when he did. It made things a hell of a lot easier for me to go on with my life.

However, the fact that Jaemin and I weren't even talking to one another became a huge topic for gossip in our school. In fact, people spoke more about him and me than they did about the incident. Most of the gossip that was going around the school was people trying to figure out what happened between the two of us. People were curious about why we were always glancing at one another but then we would brush passed each other like the other didn't exist.

Mina was obviously using this opportunity to her full advantage though. Every time I saw her, she was hanging on Jaemin's arm with a sickening grin on her face. A grin I wanted to smack off of her face. It made me feel sick that she was smiling and going on like she had nothing to do with what happened to Eunbin. But what also made me feel uneasy was the fact that Jaemin didn't seem affected by the fact that she was always on him and touching him, but he never pushed her away either. He just allowed her to continue. Which also caused even more talk among the students of course.

Somehow, no matter what people were talking about, whether it was about Eunbin or Jaemin or Mina or even Minho, my name popped up in every conversation. And just because of that, I dreaded coming to school every single day. That's why I've bunked school for a whole week now. I was tired of all the gossip and the fucking rumours that keep going around. Most of which were pure lies. Or stories that people had come up with, just for the sake of gossiping.

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, but my thoughts were interrupted by the ringtone coming from my phone. I picked my phone up and checked the caller ID and my heart dropped. I wonder what the hell she wants now.