20. Things Will Be As They Should Be

(Unedited)

You know those decisions that you make in life that can either destroy the rest of your life or they can be the reason why your life will flourish in the future. But either way it's a decision that is bound to affect your life drastically, whether that's in a negative way or positive one, and it will possibly even affect you for the rest of your life.

Whether or not I should kiss Jaemin was one of those decisions. The type of decision that scared the crap out of you and made you freeze because at the end of the day you didn't want to have to make a decision.

I could feel Jaemin's hot breath gently hit my lips and I was finally snapped out of my trance. I pulled back slightly but Jamein pulled me back towards him and continued to close the gap between our lips. I put my hands on the sides of his arms, pushing on them slightly in an attempt to keep a distance between us.

I opened my mouth, about to ask him what he was doing but I was cut off when something fell onto Jaemin's shoulder. I bit down on my lips and stifled my laughter as I watched a sour expression makes its way onto Jaemin's face and he stood up straight, leaving a few inches between our bodies. His hands fell to his sides and I took a step back when he finally let my waist go.

"D-did that just happen?" He asked, dumbfounded as he snuck a peek at his shoulder.

"It sure did." I snorted, quickly covering my mouth after the funny snort left my lips.

"These stupid birds really take shits wherever they want."

"Maybe it was the universes way of telling you not to kiss me," I mumbled

"I-" Jaemin started, but I quickly cut him off.

"Ah, right, I gotta go and meet one of the new kids at the cafeteria," I said quickly as an excuse to leave.

"Really?" Jaemin's eyebrows flew up into his hairline in questioning, "Why?"

"Miss Gibson told me to show one of them around the school, and if I don't I'll get detention," I explained and shrugged as I started to make my way off the rooftop while Jaemin followed close behind me. The two of us made our way towards the cafeteria as we walked side by side down the hallways.

"Aren't you normally in detention anyway?"

"Yeah," I groaned. "But that was only because I never wanted to go home. Now that I'm living with Eunbin I wouldn't mind going home instead of practically living in detention."

"Is it because of Mina?" Jaemin asked, his voice full of concern.

"Is what because of Mina?"

"The reason why you didn't want to go home, was it because of Mina?"

"Partly," I sighed. "It was also because of my parents, but I'll spare you the gory details of that story."

"Well, if you ever want to talk about it, I'll always be here to listen to you."

"Why are you being so soft all of a sudden?" I chuckled. "I swear you punched Felix just a few minutes ago and now you're being all sweet and concerned."

"What's wrong with being soft?" He defended. "And besides, Felix is an asshole and deserved a good beating. He should just be glad that I stopped at one punch and didn't go any further."

"I swear all boys are the same," I rolled my eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" He stopped walking but I continued to walk towards the cafeteria, leaving Jaemin behind me. I saw Beomgyu and his four friends talking while waiting at the cafeteria's doors and I made a b-line towards them.