2. I'm More Of A Sister To You

"Jaemin, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the party with Mina?" I asked.

I knew that Mina was kinda preoccupied with Felix, but I can't tell Jaemin that. I don't want to ruin their relationship even though Mina deserves it, but Jaemin doesn't.

I don't want to stoop down to Mina's level and hurt their relationship. At some point, Mina will be the cause of their relationship to end, not me. I would never do that no matter how badly Mina hurts me.

"My parents called me early about something pretty important so I'm on my way home now. I saw you walking alone and thought you might want a ride since I pass your house on my way home."

"Oh," I mumbled. I was kinda disappointed by his answer for some reason. I quickly shook the thoughts away and looked back at Jaemin, "it's okay if it was important you should probably get home as soon as possible. I can walk home."

"You're still stubborn huh?" He chuckled, "get in the car. I'd feel more at ease knowing you get home safely."

No matter how much I would love to accept his offer, I know it will really piss Mina off if she finds out.

And to this day I still haven't done anything without her knowing. It's like she has eyes everywhere.

"I'm sorry Jaemin, I really shouldn't. Mina would be upset if she found out."

"If she finds out I'll talk to her about it, so now please will you get in the car?" He retorted.

I sighed in defeat and opened the car door, climbing into the passenger seat. Jaemin just grinned triumphantly and stepped on the gas, driving off into the abandoned street.

I stared out the window, trying not to look at Jaemin next to me as I clenched my shirts hem in my clammy hands.

I didn't know why I was so nervous to be in a car with Jaemin, it wasn't like it was the first time.

I guess it was because of what I witnessed earlier. But he can't read my mind and I would never tell him about it, so why am I being like this?

I actually want him to know what Mina's doing to save himself from being hurt by her in the future. However, I'm not going to be the person to break that sort of news to him.

If I did try to tell him anyway, I know Mina will only make me sound jealous. I'm sure Jaemin will believe it too because of our-

Nevermind, it doesn't really matter. He has forgotten about all of that a long time ago, and I should also forget about all that now.

"Y/n? What're you thinking about?"

Jaemins voice snapped me back to reality and I looked at him and momentarily stared at his handsome face, admiring all his exquisite features as he concentrated on the road.

Jaemin turned his head and met my gaze. I quickly snapped out of my daze and replied with a quick "nothing" before staring back out the window.

I heard Jaemin chuckle and I mentally began scolding myself.

I can't believe he caught me staring at him like that, and in this situation. Oh my gosh, Mina will kill me if she finds out that I stared at Jaemin like that.

How stupid can I be to allow myself to do that? Even looking at him for a split second is too much, and how long did I let myself stare at him, a full second? Or maybe even two...

Oh jeez, I'm so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

After that, the car fell into complete silence. I didn't dare remove my gaze from the window after I stared at Jaemin.