24. Tragedy Stikes Again

The day was finally over and I still didn't know how I was going to make it up to Jaemin for being a bit too insensitive. I still don't understand how I was insensitive though, but I must have been since Eunbin said that I was. All that I said was that we weren't a real couple, which we aren't. We both are fully aware that our dating is just to make our ex's regret that they cheated on us. That is all that it is.

But even though I don't understand how it might have hurt his feelings, I do still know that I did hurt his feelings and that he was mad at me, which is why I definitely have to apologise to him. Somehow.

I picked up my backpack and threw it over my shoulder before heading out of the classroom and towards to school entrance. I couldn't wait to get out of school and go home so that I could brainstorm a few ideas on how to make it up to Jaemin before I have to see him again.

"Miss Kang, where do you think you're going?" I heard the familiar voice of vice-principal Seo from next to me as I was about to take past the school entrance doors.

"I'm going home..."

"No, you're not," Mr Seo said. "You have a date with detention, remember?"

The realisation suddenly hit me and I immediately felt like an absolute idiot. "Damn it, I totally forgot!" I screeched and took off back in the direction that I had come from to go to detention.

"Convenient," Mr Seo scoffed under his breath and shook his head as he watched me run down the hallway and bump into a few other students in the hall. Technically, he should have stopped me from running since it was actually against the school rules to run in the hallways, but I think my clumsiness was too comical to stop.

By the time that I got to detention, I looked like the big bad wolf because of all the huffing and puffing that I as doing to try and catch my breath. I was about to walk into the room but my ringing phone in my pocket stopped me from doing so. I quickly took it out of my pocket and answered it after taking a glance at the caller ID.

"Hey, Eunbin."

"Y/N, where the hell are you? I've been waiting for you in the parking lot for like twenty seconds already!"

"I'm sorry," I chuckled at her impatience. "But Mr Seo gave me detention so you should head home before me since I'm going to be here a bit longer."

"Oh shit, what are you in for?"

"I tried to sneak out of school this morning before the first period and got caught."

"Who are you and what did you do with Y/N?"Eunbin was laughing hysterically on the other side of the phone. "You never skip school. Not even when you're sick."

"I know, but I overheard some girls in the bathroom who were talking shit about the way my clothes looked when I got to school and I didn't think the outfit that you gave me was any better, so I decided to sneak out. It sounded like the best idea at the time anyway."

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Mr Moon, the detention teacher for today, suddenly appeared in front of me out of nowhere and scared the shit out of me and I dropped my phone. "Get your ass in that classroom. Now!"

"Yes sir, sorry sir." I apologise profusely and scrambled to pick up my phone off the floor and hung up before rushing into the room. But I suddenly stopped when my eyes met another familiar pair. Out of all the people who could have been here, it just had to be him!

I have the most rotten luck on earth, I swear!

"Are you waiting for a written invitation or something?" Mr Moon snapped next to me and started me. "Go take a seat!"