21. Spilt Coffee

(Unedited)

Y/N's POV

I woke up earlier than I normally did and got dressed in a pair of denim shorts with a white camisole and a red and black flannel over the camisole. I grabbed my phone and school bag and quietly made my way to the front door where I put on my red converse before silently leaving the house.

It was only 5:30 in the morning and there was only one place I could think of that would be open at this time. I put my bag on my back and headed towards my favourite cafe that was pretty far from Eunbin's house but was about a block away from the house I used to stay in with my parents and Mina.

The wind was nippy, but was refreshing and rather relaxing as it gazed against my cheeks and bare legs. I felt...free. As the wind blew through my hair and against my soft delicate skin, I slowly felt like all my troubles no longer existed.

By the time I got to the cafe, it was already 6:15 but I was the only customer.

"Look who finally came!" Mrs Eun, the elderly lady who owned and ran the cafe, squeaked as I entered. "I missed you so much, my dear!"

"I was literally here five days ago," I chuckled and stood at the counter across from Mrs Eun.

"It felt like five years to me," she pouted. "I missed seeing your bright smile every morning when you would come and get your usual iced americano with six shots of espresso. Seeing you has always been the highlight of my day, and yet I couldn't see you for five days in a row!"

"I'm sorry," I smiled sadly at Mrs Eun. "I promise to come every day from now on, either in the morning before school or the afternoon when school is over."

"Sounds like a deal," Mrs Eun beamed. The two of us continued to chat while she made my usual drink with the utmost care that she always did. That's part of the reason why this became my favourite cafe, the other reason is that I just love Mrs Eun to pieces and always enjoy talking to her.

She might be much older than me, but she was fantastic company and she was very up to speed with the trends and what was popular, sometimes even more so than I was. I barely knew anything about what was popular and trendy, but Mrs Eun had no problem with filling me in on what was.

"Thanks for the coffee, Mrs Eun," I thanked her as she passed me my drink. I took my coffee with a broad smile plastered on my face and turned around to exit the cafe. I wasn't looking where I was going when I turned around and I bumped into a broad chest, spilling my coffee all over my clothes.

My entire shirt was soaked in coffee and was now entirely see-through. My denim shorts didn't get much of the splash, but even they were pretty much covered I coffee, and even my poor red converse shoes we're now dripping wet. Even the floor had splashes of coffee on it.

I gasped at the sight of my appearance, especially at my now see-through top but I thanked god that it was an iced American, otherwise, my skin underneath my clothes would have been red and burnt.

I began to wipe my top with my bare hand to get some of the coffee off but it only seemed to make it worse. I groaned in annoyance but continued to wipe relentlessly.

"Y/N, you're just going to make it worse like that. Let me get some napkins for you to use instead," a familiar voice spoke from above me and I froze like an ice statue. I felted my head and saw the last person I wanted to see so early in the morning at my favourite cafe.

He ran over to the counter where Mrs Eun stood with a shocked expression on her face, but it quickly turned into a sweet smile and she winked at me before going into the storeroom.