19. How Important You Are

(Unedited)

Jaemin's eyes widened the moment the words left his mouth and the rest of the classroom looked just as shocked as he was, however, they were shocked to hear Jaemin say that we are dating while Jaemin is shocked that he actually just said it out loud in front of everyone. Everyone's shocked faces turned to me and all the sudden attention made my cheeks turn bright pink with embarrassment as I looked down at my desk in an attempt to avoid everyone's piercing gaze, but I could still feel their eyes burning holes into my skull.

"Well, this got really awkward, really quickly," Beomgyu whispered but everyone still heard him since the entire class was completely silent and they turned their eyes to him.

"Stop lying, Jaemin," Felix finally came back to his senses after the sudden shock and everyone's eyes were back on him and Jaemin. "We all know that you don't like Y/N and you probably never will, you did leave her after all just to date her sister."

"Felix, please, just stop it already," I begged him, but I guess nothing was going to stop him. He was always like that. He would never listen to anyone as soon as he made up his mind. Sometimes it was a good thing but in moments like this, I don't really think that it is a good thing or a good quality to have.

Felix ignored me completely and continued to yell in Jaemin's face, "Y/N was a great friend to you and you got rid of her during middle school because she wasn't as popular as you! You don't deserve her, nobody does, but I would rather die than let someone like you date someone as amazing as Y/N!"

"Felix, I mean it. Stop it right now." I hissed through gritted teeth. Other students were starting to take videos and I could see Jaemin was starting to get pissed off with Felix. His jaw was clenched and his hands were rolled into fists by his sides while his eyes were narrowed dangerously at Felix.

But that was the least of my worries. My biggest worry was that Felix was going to reveal one, if not all, of my secrets to Jaemin and with a gigantic audience to witness my humiliation at the same time. Jaemin and I just rekindled our relationship as friends, well sorta anyway, and I don't want that to get ruined because of how I felt about him in the past. There is absolutely no way in heaven or in hell that I still have feelings for Jaemin as more than a friend. I only see him as a friend. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Felix once again just ignored me and took a threatening step closer to Jaemin, "I can't believe you actually have the nerve to say that Y/N is your girlfriend, not after she had a crush on you for years but you chose her sister over her and then you still stopped being friends with her. You treated her like she was invisible and a piece of trash while she was still hopelessly in love with you, and you chose her sister who only wanted you for your money."

"Felix!" I yelled this time. Felix removed his deadly eyes from Jaemin's face and they immediately softened when his eyes met mine. I was about to continue to scold him, to yell at him even for saying all that out loud when I specifically told him not to when I told him about all that, but my words were cut short when a fist suddenly went flying and someone landed on the ground with a loud thud. My hands flew up to cover my mouth as I let out a gasp in utter shock.

Gasps of shock went around the room as they looked at Jaemin with horrified eyes. Jaemin had finally let go of his anger and hit Felix square in the face, knocking him down to the ground with one punch and stood over Felix as if to warn him to not get up or he would hit again. Blood was gushing out of Felix's nose and his bottom lip seemed to have split open as well as blood dripped down his chin from his lip, as well as his nose. I might have been furious with Felix for revealing a secret I had kept for so long but that still didn't mean I wanted him to get hurt. It wasn't necessary at all.