10. Not In Public

(Unedited)

I quickly averted my gaze and beamed at Jaemin, acting like he just said something that made my heart flutter.

I had a huge smile on my face, but my heart was sinking deeper and deeper into my stomach with every second that I pretended to be happy.

It was probably a bad idea to agree to this. I can already tell this is going to hurt me and quite significantly too. Even though I have no feelings for Jaemin, it's still going to hurt having to act like I'm completely okay when I'm not.

I have to pretend to be happy when that's the last thing that I am. I'm the complete opposite of happy and it's not just because of this fake relationship. It's because of Mina, my parents, Felix and now Jaemin has also been added to that list.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Jaemin chuckled.

"Mina and her friends are here, that's why." I continued to smile brightly at him.

I lifted my gaze slightly and saw that Mina and her friends were already at the counter busy ordering their drinks. My eyes travelled to the cashier to see the frightened expression on her face as the girls looked at her with disgust.

They were all being rude and insensitive towards the poor girl.

They kept looking down on her and laughed at her for stuttering when she confirmed their orders. The poor thing looked like she was ready to run away with her tail between her legs.

"Aish, Mina and her friends never change." I sighed, averting my gaze to the caramel latte in front of me.

I will never understand what makes them think it's okay to treat others like that. They act like they are better than others when they are worse in my eyes.

Mina and her friends are all the same. They are all bitches who make others' lives miserable, making others feel smaller than them and make them feel worthless than them.

They are all one of the worst types of girls you can ever meet. They are all the type of girl that just has to say one word and make me want to punch them in the face.

It takes a tremendous amount of self-control not to punch them or hurt them in any other way possible.

I watch Mina and her friends, day in and day out, bullying other girls that are different and it's honestly starting to tick me the fuck off. My patience with their attitude is growing real thin.

Seeing them hurt other girls makes me sick to my stomach. They think that they are god's gift to man, while everyone else wasn't even supposed to be born.

Total bullshit, if you ask me. If anything, they should be the ones who were never born. The world could use fewer bitches in it.

"Y/n, stop squeezing the glass so hard, it might shatter soon." Jaemin chuckled, snapping me back to reality.

I quickly released my grip on the glass and smiled sheepishly as I sat backwards in my seat.

I didn't realise how angry it made me to think about how awful Mina and her friends really are. I guess it affects me more than I give it credit for.

I looked passed Jaemin once again and watched the girls sitting at a table a few feet away from ours, drinking their coffee and laughing like no one else was in the room.

I looked back at Jaemin and locked eyes with him. 'Was he staring at me this whole time?' I thought but quickly shook the thoughts away. I can't keep having such absurd thoughts.

"I don't really think this is working. Mina looks like she is having the time of her life with her friends over there." I voiced my observations that I made on the group a few seconds ago.