7. A Better Person Than You'll Ever Be

(Unedited)

The boys continued to insult each other and mess around until the bell rang and all of us had to go to class.

I planned on walking alone to class, but things didn't go according to that plan of mine.

I didn't even take two steps off of the basketball court before Jaemin grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. A blush rose to my cheeks and I hide my face with the cap, again.

I see I have a new habit. But I'm definitely not coming to school without a cap, ever. It's going to be something I'll need every day by the looks of things.

Jaemin and I walked to class hand-in-hand, ignoring the stares and whispers of other students. Groups of girls kept glaring at me and at that moment I wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out.

I could hear how they were talking about the fact that Jaemin was holding my hand. I could hear the insults and worries of all of them.

What did I get myself into?

I've always been invisible around here, but now people can't tear their gazes away from me.

How they even knew about Mina and I being sisters, I have no idea because I've never spoken about her being my sister.

That bitch threatened me about it. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone that I was her sister.

Someone must have told others about us being sisters and that news spread like wildfire. Half the school knows I'm Mina's sister now.

I continued to walk with Jaemin, my gaze continuously on the floor, and I started to block out all the commotion.

I felt like Jaemin and I was walking through the red sea. People just moved out of our way without saying or doing anything. People five meters in front of us were even moving out of our way.

At that moment I felt like a freaking goddess.

I'm so used to people bumping into me in the hallways and then blaming me. This is definitely a new experience, one I might come to like quite a bit.

We got to our class and most of the students were already in their seats.

I tried to let go of Jaemin's hand so I could take my seat, but Jaemin tightened his grip slightly and dragged me to the back of the classroom.

He took a seat and motioned for me to take the seat next to him. I hesitantly sat on the empty chair and took my books out, placing them neatly on the desk in front of me.

I rested my elbows on the desk and held my chin in my palms as I started to wait for the teacher to arrive.

The classroom's door opened abruptly and I turned my attention to the door. I thought the teacher would be walking into the class, but it wasn't the teacher.

The group of girls entered the room and all of their eyes darted towards my direction, glaring holes onto me.

The girl that was walking in front of the group, her glare was especially dangerous.

The group of girls started to move towards my direction and my heart started to pound against my chest as I became nervous.

I sat up straight, removing my arms from the desk and stared at my books on the table like a statue.

Maybe that's what I was trying to achieve?

I became a statue so that they would walk away and leave me alone to avoid any drama.

I kept telling myself that they were just going to take the empty seats that were around me and they weren't coming for me.

But my hopefulness went flying out the window when the group of girls stopped at my desk.