15. A Crush

(Unedited)

"I'm Na Jaemin."

That night I lay in bed as my mind kept rotating around the same thing; him. His smile was embedded in my mind, and the worst part was that I didn't even want to get rid of it.

Sure I'm only eight-years-old, but that smile is just way to beautiful to forget. He has the type of smile that everyone wants and the type of smile that everyone is mesmerized by, and I truly was mesmerized by that bright smile of his. His smile was so bright that I almost mistook it for the sun!

Eunbin and I spent the entire day getting to know that little boy after we met him, despite all of Eunbin's whining.

She really tried her best to stop me from talking to the boy but I'm much more stubborn than her, so I won in the end.

At first, Eunbin kept sulking and her face looked as sour as anything, but eventually, she gave up and joined me in getting to know Jaemin more.

He was very shy at first but the more we spoke to him the more comfortable he got with us and towards the end, he was smiling and laughing none stop.

Eunbin and I both forgave him for stealing the ice lolly. Eunbin even promised to bring him an ice lolly next time she decided to bring ice lollies.

That really made him happy.

And it turns out that he is not too different from me.

He also didn't have any friends and Eunbin and I were the first to ever try and be friends with him.

Which makes zero sense to me. He doesn't even look scary or unapproachable, in fact, it's the complete opposite with him. He looks sweet and friendly, dare I say he looks like a cute cuddly teddy bear.

He looks like that one cheerful kid that runs around the playground playing with all the kids and making friends with everyone, including the parents.

That's the type of kid that Jaemin looks like, which is why I find it very hard to believe that he has absolutely no friends.

But that wasn't all. His parents also don't give him any attention, just like mine.

His parents, especially his dad, is always working and so they never pay him any attention. Hearing him talk about how his parents neglect him just like mine do made me feel like I already knew him for a long time.

I do however realize that Jaemin's parents don't pay him any attention because they are busy working all the time, unlike my parents.

Jaemin's parents care about him even though they can't be there by his side.

My parents are by my side yet they still don't pay me any attention unless they are busy shouting at me.

So, in actuality, we aren't really going through the same thing, but it still feels a little comforting to know that I'm not the only one that is going through something like this.

Anyway, we didn't get to meet Jaemin's parents for obvious reasons but we did get to meet his nanny, Miss Park.

Miss Park is by far the sweetest adult I have ever met. She kept smiling brightly at Eunbin and I while we spoke to her and she was polite the entire time.

I've never seen an adult treat a child like that. It was a new experience and I honestly enjoyed it.

It gave me hope, that not all adults are like my parents who neglect their child all because they don't like them, or like Jaemin's parents who think that money is more important than their own child.