Like Father Like Son

Start from the beginning

Dad shook his head in understanding. "Listen cookie, I'm sorry about the way I approached you with the news. I should've been more thoughtful about it," dad said while dropping his head. I flinched at his nickname, cookie. He always called me that when I was younger. Todoroki even called me that sometimes because he knew it was a trigger for me. "Kouki," I say, correcting him. "Y..yeah, right," he said while scratching the back of his neck.

"By the way, you don't have to worry about me escaping. Young master ordered me to stay here so here I will stay," I say while taking another sip of my tea. "Young master?" My father questioned. "Ah yes, I'm a butler now. I work for the son of endeavor, shoto todoroki. I disobeyed him so he sent me here as punishment," I say. Dad nodded his head.

Mom let out a tired yawn. "Mother, you look exhausted. When's the last you slept?" I say gently. She shrugged her shoulders in response. I gave her a warm smile and say, "please, get some rest. It's healthy for you." Mom didn't say anything which was kind of expected. She just looked at my dad for approval. He shook his head, giving her permission to go to bed.

She stood up and began to grab the dirty cups on the coffee table. I let out a little chuckle and stop her. "Don't worry mother, I can clean the dishes, you just go to bed," I say. She gave me a shocked look and nodded. Dad stared her down as she headed off into her room.

Once she was out of sight, dad focused his gaze on me. "Ya know, you should get some sleep too," he said. He then hesitantly uncuffed me. I got up to clean the dirty cups but his eyes never left me. I hummed a sweet tune while I did the dishes. I didn't notice it at first but it was one of your songs that you would play on the piano. I weakly smile to myself. I really hope that you'll be okay.

Dad's harsh stare finally left me when I entered my room. I closed the door behind me and I could tell that dad locked it from the outside. I look around the familiar room. It's smaller then I remember. I fell onto the bed and let sleep consume me. If felt nice to finally close my eyes.

{present time}

It's been a few weeks since I first arrived here. I put on a fake smile on my face everyday while I hid my utter disgust for my father. Depression claws it's way inside me everyday but I was too stubborn to let it get to me.

Dad still did his "hobby," every weekend which I'm not surprised. I tried my best to get him to stop, I even begged, but he didn't change his mind. He'd even ask if I wanted to join him. I refused the offer every time. Even though the basement was soundproof, I felt like I could still hear their screams. And that brings us to now.

I laid in my bed, looking at the ceiling. It was a Saturday which meant it was hobby time for dad. I could hear faint screams even though I knew they weren't there. It was all in my head but yet I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned in my bed but couldn't get comfortable. All of a sudden I have had enough.

I jumped out of bed and went to the door. I tried opening my bedroom door but it was locked. I went over to my dresser and grabbed a bobby-pin. I always kept some in my room when I was younger cause dad would often lock me in here. So late at night I'd usually picklock my way out to eat some dinner. I'm surprised he never caught me.

I successfully opened the door and went downstairs. I tried opening the basement door but of course it was locked. If I remember correctly, the pin to the door was the date of my father's first murder. I pinned the number in and it successfully opened. I triumphantly smirk. Stupid idiot, he didn't even change the passcode.

I walked down the basement stairs, each step the screams got louder. I could hear my father's heavy breathing and sadistic laughter. It all brought back so many bad memories. Once at the bottom I see an all too familiar sight. I was frozen with fear. My mind flooded with every woman I had tortured.

Once the woman spotted me she began to call out for help. My father noticed her actions and followed her gaze onto me. He smirked then asked, "ah son, so you came to join me?" I balled my up fists. My nails dig into my skin and I could feel a warm liquid on my hands.

I quickly regathered my composure and walked over to the woman. I then began untying her. "Hey, boy, what're you doing?" Dad practically yelled. I held the injured lady in my arms. "Can't you see you're scaring her. That's not how you treat a lady," I say as the girl shook in my embrace.

Dad's face grew red with anger. He stormed over to me which made me hug onto the lady tighter. I would do anything to keep her safe from a monster like him. "You wanna take her place then," he said with obvious anger in his tone. I could feel his hot breath on my face.

The lady dug her head into my chest. She began whispering, "p..please don't let him hurt me." I could hardly hear her over her sobs. I rubbed her back to reassure her. I then let her go and lay on the bed in her place. "Let's get this over with then, shall we?" I say. The lady and dad both gasped.

"Kouki, get up. I'm not going to hurt you," dad said more calmly. "Well I certainly can't let you hurt that young lady," I say, not moving. I didn't know why of all nights I chose this night to snap. Maybe I just couldn't handle the sleepless nights or maybe it was the guilt clawing away at me. I don't know but for some reason I didn't care. I needed to start atoning for my actions.

Dad sighed in annoyance. He grabbed the lady's arm and sat her in a chair across the bed. He tied her up and forced her to look at me. Then dad started walking over to me. He started strapping me in, making sure I wouldn't be able to move. I kept my calm demeanor but I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I was terrified. I was about to be tortured. How could someone not be scared?

"Now listen my dear," dad said, talking to the woman. "You're gonna watch me torture this man. The man who saved your life. Now you can jump in and take his place any time you want. You just say the word and you'll be the one getting tortured. Warning, if you take his place then you end up dying yourself. If you manage to suffer through watching your hero get tortured then I'll let you leave this place. Alright doll?" Dad said. He let out a sinister laugh but I could tell it was forced. He didn't want to hurt me. And at that, the torture began.