92. Checking on Wolf

~~~Your point of view~~~       The beginning of school had you reducing the time you spent at work and Damian didn't have to go at all, meaning the two of you were almost always seen together

       The beginning of school had you reducing the time you spent at work and Damian didn't have to go at all, meaning the two of you were almost always seen together. He was reluctant to leave you alone after you had escaped Joker with Adrien, but you both agreed to give each other some alone time when necessary. News that you had saved Adrien Wolf had spread like wildfire and whenever they had the chance, reporters swarmed you, trying to get details on your past. You had decided to do an interview where you would share your story minus the details about who the Wayne family were of course. A company even approached you about making a movie about your life and your rise to fame, but you declined. You were definitely flattered, but you didn't think the movie would be able to capture your life the way you lived it. You were also nervous about the publicity reaching too close to the mysterious world of the Gotham vigilantes who needed to remain mysteries. You were concerned about Adrien however. He'd been exposed to a world darker than he'd anticipated, and you wanted to make sure he was okay. You had arranged to visit him and spend the weekend in Metropolis with him just to convince yourself he was really getting through it all. You were lucky to have been adjusted to violence at a young age, leaving you unfazed by all the gore. Then again, some would call you unlucky for your circumstances. You left school early on Friday to drive to Metropolis. You played some calming music as you drove and wondered how to approach Adrien. It was the first time you'd be meeting in person since you rescued him. You parked in the high school parking lot and walked to the office to get a visitor pass. Once you had clipped the tag to your belt, you walked through the halls to find Adrien. Apparently it was lunch time because students filled the halls and stopped to stare at you when you walked by. You could have sworn that you'd seen some of them drool when they saw you. You could feel yourself get tackled, but the moment you saw the flash of red hair, you didn't put up a fight. "Hey Scarlett!" You grinned, turning to face your excited friend.
"(Y/n)! You're here! It's so good to see you! Let's go see Adrien!" She grabbed your wrist and started pulling you with her.
"Alright I'm coming!" You laughed as she dragged you across the school to a music classroom. Apparently this was where Adrien was escaping to for the past few days since school started. He was seated with his back to you with a few friends who all stopped their conversation and stared at you. "Hi Adrien." You waved as he whipped around to face you. He sprung up from his seat and pulled you into a hug. "How are you holding up?"
"I've been better," he admitted. "How are you?" He seemed nervous which you supposed was justified since he was present when your dad died.
"I'm good," you smiled lightly. "Want to introduce me to your friends?" He nodded.
"You obviously know Scarlett. This is James, Charlie, and Addison." Adrien gestured to each of his friends.
"It's a pleasure to meet you all," you waved at the other three in the room. They seemed completely unfazed by your presence, most likely since they spent their time hanging out with two other celebrities.
"Nice to meet you too," Addison waved back. She had wavy blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail, and she wore a boho style terra cotta tank top and blue denim shorts. Her ocean green eyes were absolutely gorgeous and her glowing tan skin made you guess she was a surfer.
"So you saved Adrien?" James asked, raising an eyebrow. You responded with a nod. James had messy dark hair and brown eyes. He radiated playful energy and you assumed he was a skater since he sat on a skateboard. He was dressed in black shorts and a maroon hoodie despite the outside temperature. "Then I guess we owe you a thanks for saving our friend." James immediately stood up from his skateboard and hugged you. You were slightly surprised, but you happily returned it.
"I'm glad I could help," you shrugged, letting go of the hug.
"Thanks again," Adrien grabbed your attention. Charlie was the only one who hadn't spoken to you. He simply stared at you. You noticed the camera that rested around his neck. "Don't worry. Charlie is kinda shy. He loves your work though." Adrien whispered. You nodded with understanding. You walked over to Charlie and squatted down in front of him. You dug through your purse, producing one of your business cards.
"I heard you like my work. If you want, you can call me up sometime and I'll personally model for a photoshoot for you. I might even ask to use some of your work," you winked. Charlie stared at you awestruck and took the card as you stood up. Adrien nudged his friend with a chuckle, shaking him out of his trance.
"Thank you," he mumbled quickly.
"My pleasure," you smiled.
"Can we get a group picture while we're here?" Scarlett asked, pulling out her phone.
"Heck yeah!" James immediately agreed. Charlie nodded eagerly. Addison smiled and moved to stand next to Adrien who stood by your side. Adrien held the phone out as far as he could and the six of you squished into frame. After taking several goofy selfies, the bell rang and everyone had to go back to class.
"Come on," Adrien gestured for you to follow him. "I've got music next." You stood up and moved to sit in a chair next to him while the others left the music room. You waved before they finally disappeared from sight.
"You shouldn't be allowed to take high school level music class," you rolled your eyes. Adrien laughed.
"Believe me, there were plenty of protests from my parents and counselors," Adrien sighed happily. "I like music. I was just happy to spend my time in the creative environment at this school."
"That sounds nice. I just cut down on classes," you shrugged. It wasn't like the Gotham music classes weren't good, but you figured since it was your junior year you could use the time doing music for your career instead. Students walked into the classroom and stared at you before taking their seats. They probably knew you'd be asked to leave if your presence majorly distracted the class. The teacher walked in just before the bell with a cup of coffee and a donut. He noticed your presence and immediately walked up to you.
"Ah Siren!" He greeted you joyfully. He reminded you a lot of Joseph. "It's an honor to meet you! I'm Mr. Holden. Are you sitting in on our class today?"
"Mr. Holden it's wonderful to meet you!" You returned his enthusiasm. "(Y/n) is fine, and yes I am."
"Well it's always lovely to have visitors!" He straightened up and moved to his desk, setting down his coffee and music book. He led the class through vocal warmup before allowing everyone to work on their individual projects. Apparently the class was extremely laid back because most people chatted while absentmindedly working on their music. There was a dusty wooden grand piano in the corner of the room that no one was playing. It looked like no one had played it in a while. The sight made you incredibly sad since it was such a beautiful instrument. It may not be as classy or grand as the one in Wayne manor, but it was far more charming. You stood up from your seat, distracting Adrien who was talking to the other boy and girl in his group. You made your way over to the piano and picked up the towel that laid on the wooden bench. You began to wipe down the seat and the rest of the piano, surprising the class including Mr. Holden who rose from his electric keyboard and grabbed a towel himself. He joined you until all the dust had been removed from the surface of the piano. You discarded the towel by giving it to Mr. Holden and sat down on the wooden bench. You lifted the lid to the keys and tried some. They weren't as out of tune as you expected, meaning it had been tuned at least once in the year.
"I'm sorry for your condition," you whispered to the piano. It really was beautiful; it just needed better care. You could feel the class' eyes on you.
"You can play it if you want," Mr. Holden offered. You nodded in thanks. You started playing River Flows in You, but you stopped after a minute.
"That was beautiful," one of the girls in the class gasped.
"I didn't know you played classical," Adrien frowned at you.
"You didn't think I only played pop did you?" You smirked in his direction, making him shrug.
"I wish we had more piano students here," Mr. Holden sighed. "I miss the days that piano music would fill this room all day." He would have done well at your old school. You had always been playing the piano from the time the school opened until it closed at night.
"It is a lovely instrument," you agreed, closing the top over the keys again and returning to your seat by Adrien. The class continued with their projects, but you could tell you'd made an impression on the students. The class flew past until the last bell rang and everyone was allowed to head home. You learned that Adrien's apartment was close to the school so he usually walked, but since your car was at the school, you drove the both of you to his apartment. You'd be staying in his guest room for the next two nights just to reassure yourself he was ok and wouldn't wake up in the night screaming from nightmares. You couldn't count the number of nights you'd been scared awake by a scream in the Wayne manor. You brought your bag up to the guest room with you after locking the car.

       "So what's planned for the weekend?" you asked Adrien after you had put your stuff in the spare bedroom

"Well my parents want to meet you tomorrow. They said to come around for lunch. My siblings will probably want to play with you or go to the park," he shrugged his shoulders before falling back on the couch. He was wearing black jean shorts and a white tank top. "How are you still wearing that? Aren't you too hot?"
"It's not that bad," you sat down next to him. To tell the truth you were a bit too warm, but you didn't feel like changing. "So any interesting planned tonight?"
"Not really," Adrien leaned back so he faced the ceiling. "It's too hot out to do anything."
"We can go get smoothies or something?" You suggested.
"Sounds good," Adrien bolted up and led you to the elevators.