81. Dick Grayson

~~~Your point of view~~~       "You want to go to my nail appointment with me?" you arched an eyebrow at the eldest Wayne child as you twisted in your rolling chair

       "You want to go to my nail appointment with me?" you arched an eyebrow at the eldest Wayne child as you twisted in your rolling chair. Dick nodded enthusiastically in front of you. "And you guys want to tag along?" You turned your attention to the second and third oldest. Jason and Tim nodded assuredly, but not as energetically as Dick. "Why?" You finished typing your email on your computer before turning it off and addressing them completely.
       "Well it started when Dick wanted to spend more time with you, and Jason and I wanted to as well. I know your schedule and the only thing you had planned today was your nail appointment so we decided it would be a fun activity for us to all do together!" Tim explained.
       "I suppose you can come if you want to," you shrugged. Be ready by two and we'll take my car," you told them with a smile. Tim and Jason grinned before dashing out of your studio happily. Dick remained in his spot. "Is something wrong Dick?" You could understand why he would want to spend time with you. You were much closer to Tim and Jason. Tim has been your friend for years and the two of you got along great. You went to Jason for help when you had to deal with more adult issues or you needed a different kind of emotional support that Damian or Tim could give. The two of you also bonded over great works of poetry and writing, but you weren't close with Dick. Sometimes you'd hang out, but it was never planned. An emotional connection simply hadn't formed, and you could tell that both of you felt the distance. He was hoping to spend time with you, but Tim and Jason had somewhat hijacked it.
       "Uhh...no," he sighed. "I'll see you later."
       "Oh, okay," you gave him a small smile before calling Tim to get him and Jason back in the room.

~~~Dick's point of view~~~
       (Y/n) had asked me to meet her at noon instead of two. I stared at her with curiosity as she parked the car at the mall where she was going to get her nails done. "I thought your appointment was at two?"
       "It is," she grabbed her purse and got out of the car. "I decided to get some lunch first." I followed her as we headed to the food court.
       "Why didn't we bring Tim and Jason?" I asked, browsing the restaurant options.
       "I thought that you and I should spend some time to hang out," she responded coolly, "just us." I could feel a grin stretch across my face as she turned around to face me. "So what do you want to eat?"
       The two of us ordered separately then met at a metal table once we had gotten our food. I had settled on a burrito from the Mexican restaurant there. (Y/n) sat across from me, gracefully eating her salad and skimming a catalogue to decide how she wanted her nails done. When she had supposedly decided, she offered the booklet to me. I actually hadn't decided what I would do for my nails. I glanced at a few pages before looking up at (Y/n). She had finished her salad and was now watching me with mild amusement as I struggled to understand what I should choose. "What do you think I should get?"
       "Well I suggest gels since long acrylics wouldn't be great for what you do," she subtly referred to my nightly activities as Nightwing.
       "Yeah, that makes sense," I nodded slowly.
       "Is there a color you want?" she prompted.
       "I like blue," I grinned.
       She rolled her eyes playfully, "Why'd I bother asking? Do you want glittery or something more subtle?"
       "Maybe something simple?" I thought out loud.
       "That's a good plan. If you go simple color then all you have to do is look at their color options," she commented.
       "I'll do that I guess," I smiled.
       Once we finished lunch, we wandered around the mall for a bit. I bought a t-shirt and (Y/n) stopped by the Chanel store to buy a pair of earrings Kate had suggested to get. We managed to hold a conversation for over thirty minutes which I guess was an improvement. Two hours passed and we found ourselves with Tim and Jason outside the nail salon.

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
I checked my phone as the time neared two. "Where are they?" I mumbled. After a few seconds I could make out Dick and (Y/n) approaching us with a shopping bag each. "There you are," I smiled as (Y/n) waved at me.
"You guys ready?" she laughed lightly. Jason and I nodded. "Then let's go!" She opened the door to the salon and we followed her inside. I immediately felt the blast of the air conditioning as I entered and the smell of nail polish and remover hit my nose, causing me to cringe slightly. Five ladies hurried over and eagerly assisted us. Why wouldn't they? (Y/n) was famous and a frequent customer. She had mentioned that this was her favorite salon. Two immediately began working on (Y/n), listening to her specific wishes for her nails and preparing to carry them out. The other three women began working on me, Jason and Dick.
Over two hours passed by and (Y/n) was done. Our nails had taken far less time, but because Kate had arranged for (Y/n) to get art, her's took much longer. My nails were simple and clear so they wouldn't show unless someone was paying close attention. Jason who had no need for subtlety had glossy black nails except for his middle and ring fingers which were bright red. I rolled my eyes at his color choice. Dick chose a simple pastel blue for his and seemed extremely happy with his choice. I noticed that he proceeded to talk to (Y/n) who gladly listened throughout her whole service.
After we paid, we prepared to head back to the manor where (Y/n) had arranged for a movie and fun face masks for the evening. As we headed to our cars, Jason decided he would head back with (Y/n) and Dick would go with me to prevent as much confrontation as possible. I watched as (Y/n) looked at her nails happily. "Want me to take a picture?" I offered. She handed me her phone and held out her hand. I snapped a few before we parted.

       Once we had returned to the manor, Damian was waiting for us

Once we had returned to the manor, Damian was waiting for us. He immediately came to help (Y/n) out of her car and hugged her. "Come on guys. Damian's going to join us for our movie. Maybe we can even get a mask on him," (Y/n) wiggled her eyebrows playfully and Damian rolled his eyes. I knew that whether or not he liked it, he would put on that mask just to make her smile. All of us headed upstairs to her room where we slathered face masks on each other and at snacks while watching a movie. Throughout the evening I could see Dick was closer to (Y/n). They joked around and played pranks on an unsuspecting Damian who simply looked at them with playful betrayal. It was foot to see them get along after he hadn't been close to her. He finally found a way to connect with her; it just happened to be through getting his nails done.