91. Headstones

~~~Your point of view~~~
You ended up taking more time off from work than you expected, but everyone insisted you needed time to recover. You spent most of your time in your room, trying to remove the remaining stains of blood from your hands. You couldn't stand looking at them. You couldn't save your dad. You had only just attended his funeral which Mr. Wayne had paid for. Your dad was buried next to your mom in a cemetery on a hill with a large oak tree. You spent hours on the hill talking to your parents headstones, wishing they could hear you. Once you got home, the boys gave you space, and Alfred gave you your meals in your room. You and Adrien had both lost weight from consuming very little for the past few days. You were certain Adrien was having a hard time recuperating in Metropolis, but he was safer there. You barely touched the food on the trays left outside your room, but no matter how much you wanted to eat the delicious smelling food Alfred left, you couldn't find the stomach for it. You could tell the boys were getting worried about you, but you made no move to do anything.
You turned in your bed, trying to find a comfortable position, but of course you couldn't. Jason opened your door without knocking. "Get dressed. We're going out."
       "Why?" you grumbled, not bothering to face him.
       "Because as much as I hate to admit this you need some sunlight and fresh air," he stated. He pulled out a black knee-length dress and a pair of black flats and tossed them onto the bench next to your window. "I'll be back in 20 minutes." He pulled the door closed behind him. You slowly sat up and took a quick shower before getting dressed. You sat at the foot of your bed, waiting for Jason; your wet hair seeped through the dress. Jason knocked before waiting a second to enter. He opened the door and viewed you with a sigh before grabbing a hair elastic and a brush. He sat behind you on your bed while he braided part of your hair into a half up half down style. Once he finished, you followed him to the garage where the two of you got into one of Mr. Wayne's cars.
       "Are you even allowed to drive?" You mumbled.
       "I know how to," he responded. You rolled your eyes. He couldn't possibly have a legitimate driver's license seeing as he was supposed to be dead. You recognized the road to the cemetery and Jason parked on the hill near your parent's headstones. He pulled a blanket and a basket out of the back seat of the car and set it up while you slowly got out. You stood on the hill and stared at the view the hill overlooked. A warm breeze blew around the now dry locks of your hair. You walked through the lush green grass towards Jason. He helped you sit down on the blanket as he continued to set up the picnic. You noticed he set out four plates and glasses and distributed food to all four plates. He poured you and himself some lemonade and some wine for your parents.
       "What are we doing here?" You looked down at the plate of food he handed you. There was pasta, fresh fruit, and various other small sides.
       "We're spending time with your family," Jason responded. "Something I used to always think about was whether or not anyone would ever try talking to my grave when I was dead. I didn't have many people who would do it, but it made me feel like if someone did, I wouldn't feel forgotten. You didn't get to tell your dad everything you wanted to when he was alive, so say it now." You thought about what Jason said while you ate the picnic lunch. Once you and Jason finished your plates of food, you cleaned up the food you had left for your parents and cut some fresh flowers for the headstone vases. Jason filled the metal cups and you placed the white lilies and roses in them. "Talk to your parents. I'll wait in the car." You nodded silently and watched as walked to the drivers side.
       "Hi Mom, hi Dad," you smiled faintly at the graves. You could have sworn you would be crying if you still could after crying for days. "I miss you guys so much. I miss when you'd take me out for ice cream as a family. I miss when we would come home and have game night in our apartment family room. I miss helping Mom bake cookies and watching Dad steal the uncooked batter. I guess it doesn't help me to miss you, but I can't help it. I hope you know I'm safe now. I have a new family that loves me just as much as you guys did. Dad, I never got to tell you in person, but I do love you. I'm so proud you managed to set yourself straight, even if it did take a few years. I'm still proud. Mom would be proud too. I love you both so much. I'll be back again next month. I have to go home to my family." You smiled one more time at your parents before standing and walking back to the car where Jason was waiting. "Thanks for bringing me here Jason. I needed it."