53. Scars

~~~Your point of view~~~
You were walking out of class at the end of the day and heading to your locker to grab what you needed for homework. As you walked past the bathroom, you heard (Mb/n) and a few other girls talking. "I can't believe that the Siren has scars all over her legs!" one of the girls commented.
       "I know right?" (Mb/n) remarked in a stuck up voice. You suddenly became more self conscious and were glad you were wearing jeans. "She probably made them herself. It's pathetic." You were near tears and quickly ran off to your locker. However, you didn't stay long enough to hear the other girls defend you and explain that people can have other reasons for having scars. You grabbed what you needed and stuffed it in your bag and ran out to the school parking lot despite it being pouring outside, dashing past Tim and Damian. You sprinted past Dick who had come to pick you all up and didn't stop running until you were at the manor. You quickly changed into your emergency suit and mask, grabbed your escrima sticks and headed out. You sat in the rain on top of the tallest skyscraper in Gotham with your knees tucked against your chest and your hood up.
"What are you doing up here?" a familiar voice asked. You turned your to find yourself face to face with a muscular man in a red helmet.
"Nothing," you grumbled as tears slipped from your eyes. "What are you doing here?"
"Not much, just hanging out, fighting bad guys and psychopaths," Jason plopped down next to you. "Speaking of fighting, you're not normally out here.
"I decided to shake things up," you sighed.
"Fun," he nodded, removing his helmet. A red mask remained on his face and he pulled out a cigarette.
"It's pouring," you commented.
"Yeah, but that's not gonna stop me. The weather don't have a d*mn thing over me so I'm gonna do whatever the f*ck I want," he shrugged. "I heard you went missing. Replacement and the demon came home and found your gear gone."
"So?" You glared at him.
"D*mn for someone who doesn't hang around the bat or patrol too often your glare is incredible," he blew out a puff of smoke. "I'm not gonna meddle if you don't wanna talk, but next time don't scare the f*ck out of your boyfriend. He called everyone to go look for you." The two of you sat in silence for a while.
"(Mb/n) made fun of my scars," you admitted, pulling your knees closer to your chest.
"That b*tch? Kid don't worry about it. She doesn't know what the f*ck she's talking about," Jason growled, blowing out more smoke.
"You know her?" You mumbled, slightly sitting up to look at him.
"I've come across her a couple times at the gala and when she was at the manor," he shrugged. "The point is she's full of cr*p. We all have scars (Y/n), everyone in the family. It reminds us about what we're fighting for, what we're pushing to achieve. Bats wants to bring justice to the crime of Gotham. Dick wants to help bring justice due to his upbringing and what happened to his parents. Tim wants the same. Your boyfriend may follow the path of his father, but he also wants to make Gotham a safer place for you. We all have scars from our fights and we deal with a lot of cr*p for what we do, but we're proud. Don't be ashamed of your scars. You came from a dark background and you put up with a lot of sh*t, but you survived all on your own. You should be proud of what you've made yourself into." Jason put out his cigarette and pulled on his helmet. "Come on kid. I'll take you home." You stood up and followed him, swinging yourself back across the city right behind Jason.

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
I sat in the bat cave at the computer, trying to pinpoint (Y/n)'s location. I rubbed my forehead. Damian has freaked out when we had come home and (Y/n) and her gear had been nowhere in sight. Dick and Bruce has tried to calm him down, but they knew the only way to make him feel better was to find (Y/n). The tracker in her suit had been left on the desk in the cave, meaning we couldn't track her. I saw Jason's tracker on the screen and it indicated that he was heading to the manor. I rushed towards the entrance to the bat cave as Jason walked in with (Y/n) right behind him. Both were soaking wet.
"Found her," he grunted under his helmet.
"Where were you!" I shouted. Needless to say I was mad, but nowhere near as mad or worried as Damian.
"On a skyscraper," she mumbled.
"Just go get changed; you'll catch a cold," I mumbled as I headed back to the computer to tell everyone she was back. Once she was gone, I turned to Jason. "What happened out there?"
"She was having some trouble with bullies. (Mb/n) made fun of her scars," he explained. "I'm gonna beat the cr*p out of her."
"Don't," I sighed. "(Y/n) always seems so strong. Sometimes it's hard to remember that she's insecure too."
"Yeah well hopefully the demon isn't too mad," Jason grunted.
"Oh geez if he is then this is going to be a mess. Why don't you go grab a hot shower and change? You might wanna stick around just in case," I suggested.

~~~your point of view~~~
You carefully climbed out of the shower, wrapped in a towel. You put on your pajamas, pulled your soft white knit sweater over them, and tied your hair up into a loose bun. Carefully, you emerged from your room and headed back down to the cave where Damian and his brothers were waiting. Damian ran up to you, tackling you in a hug. "Beloved! You're safe! Todd told me everything. Why wouldn't you tell me?"
"I'm sorry. I was just really upset and I didn't know what to do," you hid your face in the shoulder of your boyfriend. Tears began to prick at your eyes. "I just didn't know what to do."
"I'll always be here for you my beloved," Damian assured you.
"We're all here for you (Y/n)," Tim spoke up.
"Whatever you need, we just want to make sure you're okay," Dick added. You began to sob in Damian's arms.
"Thank you, thank you all so much," you cried.
"It's going to be ok beloved," Damian assured you, pulling you closer.