60. Who Are You

~~~Tim's point of view~~~
      "We're here," Bruce announced. The moment those words left his mouth I dove through an open glass panel and kicked the crowbar out of her father's hands.
       "How could you? You're her father! How could you hurt her!" I shouted, kicking him in the ribs.
       "She killed her mother! This is all her fault!" he growled, pointing at (Y/n). I put myself between them.
"Don't you dare look at her!" I spat, crashing my staff against his head and knocking him out. Goons surged forward as the Joker stepped forward. "Don't you dare go near her!" I couldn't stop myself. What was happening to me? I was livid; I could hear my heart pound wildly in my ears. How dare they hurt her? How dare they touch her? They were scum that didn't deserve to even look at her. I couldn't think straight, and seemed to almost black out as I lunged at the Joker.

~~~Dick's point of view~~~
"Don't you dare look at her!" Tim shouted angrily at (Y/n)'s father. He whipped his weapon against the man's head and he crumpled to the floor. "Don't you dare go near her!" he lunged at the Joker. The rest of us crashed through the glass roof, Damian flying down and using his cape as a shield for (Y/n). I glanced at Tim as I took my share of the goons. It was as if he had forgotten Bruce's no kill rule. He was lethal. Bruce wasn't even moving to help Tim as he ruthlessly attacked the Joker. Damian was protecting (Y/n), using purely defense techniques. He had calmed down despite his worry for (Y/n) and understood he couldn't help her if he wasn't thinking straight. (Y/n) showed sheer terror which was a look I've never seen on her. However, it didn't seem like she was scared of the henchmen or even the Joker. She was staring at Tim in pure horror. Her eyes were wide as she stared at the furious whirl of Tim fighting the Joker. There wasn't much of a fight. The Joker was clearly thrown off by Tim's actions. Even though she was injured, (Y/n) managed to stand up. She went back to back with Damian, picking up the crowbar that had been used against her. I moved to help them as Jason and Bruce took down the goons on their side of the warehouse. As I took out the goons surrounding Damian and (Y/n), I watched Tim. The Joker had slipped over the glass covering the floor, but Tim was still chasing him. "What's he doing?" I stopped as the last goon fell. Tim pursued the Joker who was backing away on the floor. He swung his bow staff hard so that you could hear it make contact with the Joker who fell unconscious. I glanced at (Y/n) who looked like she wanted to be as far away from Tim as possible. Just as Tim was about to strike the unconscious clown again, I spotted (Y/n) in a full on sprint towards him. She was bleeding and limping badly as she tackled Tim to the ground, possibly saving him from the biggest mistake in his life and killing a defenseless man, Joker or not. As she ran I could see her cry and the small droplets glistened in the moonlight that shone through the broken windows. She was on his back, struggling to keep him down as he laid on his chest on the glass covered floor. "Let me go!"
"No!" She screamed, tears streaming from her eyes. I couldn't tell if it was from fear or pain.
"He needs to be punished!" Tim tried pushing her off and she screamed as he accidentally elbowed her in her most likely broken ribs. She threw herself against his back, pushing him down again and screamed as she did. It was the most heartbreaking scream I'd ever heard as she struggled to keep her friend on the ground to stop him from making bad decisions. It was horrible to watch, but I couldn't bring myself to move out of my shocked state.
"Stop it Drake! You're hurting her!" Damian who had been staring began running to her side and I moved to help him.
"Not by you! He will be punished, but not by you!" She screamed. She grabbed his head and directed it to look in the shattered glass. "Look at yourself! Red Robin isn't a murderer! You aren't a murderer!" She was full on sobbing; tears streamed from her eyes and her voice was hoarse. Besides Damian, Tim was her closest friend. I could tell it wasn't just her injuries that hurt her; it was the way Tim had acted. "Who are you? You're not the Tim I know," she whimpered quietly before letting him go. She tried to stand but her hurt leg wouldn't let her and she fell. Damian slid and caught her. "Thank you," she gasped. He gently lifted her in his arms as she passed out.
"Take her to the hospital," Bruce nodded. "She'll get the finest care Gotham can offer." Damian left the warehouse. I could hear his bike start and quickly fade as they drove off. Tim slowly pushed himself off the glass covered ground.
"What happened?" He groaned. He rubbed his head and looked around. "(Y/n)! Where is she? Is she okay?" He began to freak out. Jason quickly grabbed him, pulling Tim's hands behind his back as if he was going to arrest him.
"What the h*ll is wrong with you!" Jason shouted.
"What? What are you talking about? What's going on? Where's (Y/n)?" Tim looked frantic.
"She's fine. She's on her way to the hospital," I explained. Tim sighed with relief. I looked at Jason as if I could telepathically ask him what he was doing.
"Red Robin, do you remember what happened?" Bruce asked.
"You gave me the go ahead...," Tim recalled, "then I jumped in and stopped her father. I saved her."
"You scared the f*ck out of her!" Jason shouted.
"No! What? How? I saved her!" Tim seemed frantic, shaking his head violently as his eyes began to water. He truly couldn't understand what happened.
"You terrified her," I looked at him sadly.
"Anything else?" Bruce questioned. Tim shook his head, his eyes not leaving the ground. Bruce thought for a moment. "I'm benching you. You can't go out on patrol alone until you prove you can control your rage."
"No!" Tim looked to Jason then to me, hoping for someone to tell him what happened. When neither of us responded he looked at the ground. "Please don't! Please!"
"Jason let him go. Dick, take him home," Bruce ordered. Jason released him and Tim somewhat collapsed.
"Come on, let's go," I pulled him up and guided him to my bike. He seemed to be in shock from what had happened. He held on as we sped towards the manor. I could feel his chest move heavily as he sobbed against my back.
When we reached the manor, I parked the bike in the cave and Tim sluggishly got off. I headed towards the upper levels of the manor when Tim grabbed my arm. "Please, tell me what happened," he pleaded.
"I plan on it, but go wash up and change first," I instructed. He nodded and headed up the stairs. Alfred came down.
"Did you find Miss (Y/n)?" He asked, his tired eyes filled with worry. "Master Damian returned without her and covered in blood."
"Yeah, she's in the hospital. Damian dropped her off," I explained.
"And Master Tim?" Alfred asked, concerned with the teen.
"He lost his cool tonight. He's been benched," I sighed.
"Oh my," Alfred gasped. "That seems extremely unlike him."
"I agree," I nodded. "I should go change. Would you mind getting Tim some tea? He needs to calm down. It's been a rough night."
"Of course," Alfred agreed and headed up.
Once I had showered and changed into a pair of black jeans and t-shirt and a light blue hoodie. I headed to Tim's room. I knocked lightly on the door. "Tim?" I asked.
"Come in," he grumbled. I entered to see him face forward on his bed. He was wearing black sweat pants and a white t-shirt. I shut the door behind me. His room was messy. The computers were on providing some light for the dark room. Leads, clues, and case papers spilled off his desk, covering the floor next to it. A steaming cup of tea sat on his night stand. Moonlight beamed through the window.
"Good, you got the tea," I sighed. I walked over and sat on his bed.
"Don't act like the good brother now. You won't even tell me what happened," he muttered angrily into the pillow.
"I told you that I'd tell you," I sighed. "I can't tell you if you won't look at me." He slowly rolled over and sat up. His hair was wet and messy; he'd obviously not made an effort to dry it. "There you go." I sighed. "Now, since you don't seem to remember much of anything about what happened, I think your anger just took too much control. You lost focus and you were so angry that you let it take control of you. You almost killed the Joker."
"Would that be such a bad thing," he grumbled. He had pulled his legs against his chest so his chin rested on his knees.
"Careful there, you're approaching a dangerous debate," I warned him.
"What did I do?" he pushed.
"He slipped on the glass from when we shattered the windows," I continued. "Damian was protecting (Y/n) and I went to help him. You were still pursuing the Joker when he was already down. (Y/n) was watching the whole time. She was worried about you. You knocked the Joker out, but you didn't stop. She was injured and tired, but she ran to you and tackled you down. She might have saved you from making a big mistake. It might help the city, but she didn't want you to have that on your conscience."
"I thought I was saving her, and she saved me," he realized, mumbling miserably.
"I hope you can get control and return to patrol, and hopefully you have enough control that this will never happen again. This can't happen again. Understand?" I watched Tim nod slowly. "Come on, get decent enough to appear in the papers without ruining the Wayne image," I sighed.
"Why? Where are we going?" He asked.
"The hospital," I sighed. "I'm certain that the papers know that the Siren was kidnapped by now. Meet me by my car."
"Alright," he nodded and got up to change. I walked to Damian's room and knocked on the door. I entered to find Damian in black jeans and a dark green hoodie. He was putting some things in a box.
"What you doing?" I asked with a small smile.
"Creating a care package for (Y/n)," he replied, putting a vase and a bunch of roses carefully into the box as well as one of his hoodies, some of his drawings, her phone, and a picture frame with a photo of them eating ice cream together. "I was hoping you would take me to the hospital."
"That's why I came to get you. Get your shoes. Let's go," I grinned slightly. He slipped on some black sneakers and followed me with the box in his arms. Tim was waiting for us by my car. He had gone a bit more dressy than me and Damian with dark slacks and a wine red button up, and a black jacket.
"Why is he coming? He hurt (Y/n)," Damian glared at Tim.
"You know it was an accident," I warned. We all piled in the car and headed to the hospital. After parking, we headed to the desk. "We're looking for (Y/n) (L/n)."
"Ah yes, she's in surgery. You three can wait here until she's out," the man at the desk told us. We took a seat in three chairs in the waiting room. I called Bruce and explained what was happening. He told us that Jason would meet us in the hospital while he cleared up the story with the police. We waited for about half an hour before Jason joined us. He was dressed in black jeans and t-shirt as well as a leather jacket.
"How is she?" he asked, panting as though he had run to the hospital from the manor.
"Still in surgery," I sighed.
"D*mn," he growled before slouching into a chair. I sat down next to Tim who looked like he was going to cry.
"Don't worry. (Y/n) is strong; she'll get through this," I rubbed his back.
"How can I ever make it up to her? I scared her so badly," he started to sob. "She was already injured and she worsened her condition trying to stop me." I looked up. Jason and Damian were looking away uncomfortably. Jason still looked angry, but Damian was different. He definitely wasn't mad, but I couldn't tell if he was showing pity or if he was genuinely worried about Tim.
"You know she wasn't scared of you," I sighed. "She was scared of what happened to you. She said you weren't the Tim she knew. She just wanted you to be your normal, witty, caring self. You're usually so careful, and you think before you move. You lost it. It's happened to all of us. You don't have to beat yourself up about it. Just learn from it."
"He's right Drake. I won't forgive you for hurting her, even if it was an accident. However, I know that in your right mind you would never do so. You were simply showing what we were all feeling towards the Joker," Damian reassures him. I stared at Damian who had pleasantly surprised me.
"(Y/n) brings out the best in those she's close with. It's easy to get lost when we lose that," I told Tim. "I'm very proud of you Damian." He didn't say anything, but he blushed and looked away. We waited for another hour. Damian was still awake, but Jason was drowsy and Tim had nodded off. Poor kid must have been exhausted with the evening he had.
"Mr. Grayson?" the man from the desk came up to us. I shook Tim awake and Jason sat up from the new voice.
"Yes?" I looked at him hopefully.
"I can show you to Ms. (Y/n)'s room. The surgery was successful; however, she will be asleep for a while," he informed us.
"Please," I nodded. We followed the man down the hall until he showed us a large room. "I understand Mr. Wayne has arranged for her to have her own room."
"Yes," I nodded.
"Someone will be in to check on her every once in a while," he noted before leaving the room. There was a couch next to the window and two chairs and a table. Damian set the box down on the table and put the flowers, drawings, and picture on the small tables next to (Y/n)'s hospital bed. He placed a single kiss on her forehead before moving to sit in one of the chairs. I guided the sleepy Tim to the sofa where he promptly fell asleep again.
"D*mn, wish I could do that," Jason sighed tiredly.
"We should take turns in case she wakes up," Damian suggested.
"Good idea," I plopped down on the sofa next to Tim.
"I'll go first. She probably won't wake up soon. Besides, I can't sleep again after that guy woke me up," Jason grunted. He moved the remaining chair next to her bed and sat down. "I hope you wake up soon kid. We need you back."