84. Favor

Key:
• Uc/n - your undercover name (Besides The Siren)

~~~Your point of view~~~
       You walked down the hallway, holding your backpack close to you as you made your way to the main lab. You could hear people talking, not quite arguing but they weren't exactly happy. "Just hear her out. I told her that if she helped me I'd owe her a favor," one voice sighed, referring to you. You stepped into the open doorway and came face to face with the Flash.
       "Hi Flash!" You grinned and waved at him.
       "Hey! Thanks for coming!" He sped over to you and shook your hand energetically.
       "Thanks for having me!" You laughed. "I'm glad we could make a deal."
       "Me too! How'd the interview go?" he asked.
       "It went well," you nodded. "Did you find someone who can help me?"
       "Yeah," the Flash gestured the person behind him. "This is Vibe."
       "Nice to meet you," you held your hand out. "I'm (Y/n)."
       "Nice to meet you. I'm Vibe," he shook your hand and seemed to space out before quickly regaining focus.
       "Flash told you what I needed right?" You asked, looking at the speedster.
       "Yep, I have everything right here," Vibe pulled out a large sealed black box and unclasped it. He lifted the lid to reveal a pair of guns similar to the kind that Jason used. They were primarily black but had red accents. He set the box with the guns on the table and pulled out separate boxes with ammunition. "These are stun bullets. They're completely non lethal, unless of course your opponent is a robot. They work kinda like a paintball. When they make contact with their target, it splatters and releases the charge, stunning the target. There's also a box of tracking clips in there."
"Thanks Vibe! These are great!" You smiled widely, excited to take them to Jason.
"That's not it! I've got tons of other fun bullets in here. We have the sonic release bullets. Fire one of these babies at a hard surface like the ground or a wall and you'll have the whole block covering their ears. We have the knockout gas bullets which are harder to use, but the marksman aims near they head and whiff of this stuff will mean nighty night ASAP. We have the firework bullets! Those are fun. You shoot it at a hard surface and it releases several mini pellets in all directions. They aren't lethal, but they will leave a bruise. We also have the slime bullets which when fired at a hard surface instantly causes a chemical reaction. It releases a sticky goo to hold things down I made it red to match the theme." Vibe eagerly explained each of the bullets.
"What do you think?" Flash asked with a cocky grin.
"This is more than I could hope for! Thank you guys so much!" You cheered gleefully.
"This was a fun project. Thanks for asking me to help," Vibe shrugged. "Flash will speed over a new supply every once in a while, but this should be enough to last for a while."
"That sounds perfect," you nodded. The Flash helped you load everything into the trunk of your car while you and Vibe headed to the door where the Flash was waiting. "It was a pleasure Flash." You shook hands with the two of them once more. "Remember not to tell anyone about this. It's our little secret." You winked before getting into the car and driving all the way back to the manor.
When you arrived back at the manor, you balanced the case with the guns on top of the box of ammunition and carefully made your way down to the cave. When Tim spotted you struggling with the box he and Jason rushed over to help you. "What's in the box (Y/n)?" Tim asked as he and Jason took the box from you. You swiped the black gun case off the top of the box.
"It's a gift for Jay," you smiled. "I had Vibe whip it up."
"Aww Kid, you don't have to give me anything," Jason melted at the thought of your gift. Tim and Jason set the box down near the training area.
"You know Vibe?" Tim asked.
"Not really, but the Flash owed me a favor," you winked at the two.
"What'd you do?" Tim asked.
"I gave some reporter an interview," you shrugged, "but that's not important!" You unclasped the case with the guns and opened it towards Jason. His eyes glittered as he studied the firearms.
"Aww Kid, I don't know if you heard or not but Bruce—," Jason started scratching the back of his neck. You knew Bruce was mad about him shooting Penguin.
       "Let me finish!" you pouted. "Give me your helmet." Jason handed you his helmet, and you took the chip that came with the guns and placed it on the eye slit he used to see before pulling on the helmet. You sliced open the box with the various types of ammunition and took out the slime bullets. You loaded the gun and aimed at a dummy. You pulled the trigger and the moment the bullet made contact with the dummy it fell backwards and was glued to the cave floor with puffy red goo.
       "Woah," Tim and Jason stared at the fallen dummy while you placed the gun back in its case and took off Jason's helmet.
       "There's more than just this!" you smirked and proceeded to excitedly list off the types of ammunition Vibe had made for Jason. "Flash is going to drop more off about every month as long as I hold up my end of the deal which is I help him out every once in a while."
       "You had them do all this for me?" Jason's eyes pooled with tears and his voice shook with emotion. You found it kinda sad that no one had ever tried to adjust the resources, so he could fight alongside his family without breaking Mr. Wayne's rule.
       "Yup!" You grinned, excited that you could make him happy. "Do you like it Jay?"
       "I love it!" Jason pulled you into a hug as he choked up. "I haven't gotten a gift like this before. Thanks Kid!" He cried into your shoulder and you hugged him back, gripping the back of his leather jacket. Your heart melted at the thought of no one doing anything so nice for Jason. He was a giant teddy bear. It bothered you that Mr. Wayne would have given you a music studio without attempting to design a suitable weapon for his second son.
       "You're welcome Jason," you smiled. You could tell that Tim was trying his best not to make a comment at Jason's happy tears.
       "What's going on down here?" Damian and Dick entered the cave. "Why is Todd crying?" Dick smothered his snickers with his hand.
       "(Y/n) got the Flash to do her a favor," Tim explained. You looked over at the two the best you could as Jason crushed you in a hug. You patted Jason's back to signal him to release you. He let go reluctantly and wiped his eyes.
       "She got me personalized guns and bullets that I can use without killing someone," he managed to choke out in his cracking voice.
       "That's amazing (Y/n)," Dick beamed at you. Damian simply smiled and kissed your cheek.
       "So Jason?" You looked over at the tall male who was trying to contain his sniffling.
       "Yeah?" he looked up at you.
       "You wanna go on a test run tonight?" You grinned.
       "Oh f*ck yeah," he smirked. All of you shared a knowing look of confidence and mischief. If Mr. Wayne still had a complaint, then there was simply no pleasing him. You silently prayed for him to accept your solution.
       "Just one thing," you mentioned before you all ran to get ready.
       "Yeah Kid?" Jason looked at you, pausing from unpacking the guns and bullets.
       "Let's stay away from sonic bullets tonight. I need my hearing intact tomorrow," you laughed and were joined by the boys in the cave.
       "You got it," Jason ruffled your hair.

~~~Jason's point of view~~~
       I carefully placed my new guns in my holsters and pulled on my glossy red helmet. D*mn (Y/n) was the best to do superheroes favors just to help me out. Bruce never even went to that level. I promise that I'll take the best care of these (Y/n). I can't thank you enough. This was truly the best gift I've ever received. (Y/n), Damian, and Tim were waiting for me by the bikes and Dick joined us after. "You all ready?" (Y/n) smiled sweetly.
       "H*ll yeah," I grinned. Bruce was already out on patrol. I hope he was ready to eat sh*t. His protégée was a better teammate than he was and smarter too. She bothered to come up with a solution when he only ever put me down. F*ck him. I can't wait to see his face when these bullets are effective without killing anyone. We all headed out over the rooftops of Gotham. (Y/n) swung around with her hood down; her hair twisted into a braided bun tight against her head. It was smart of her to style her hair so no one could grab it in a fight. We split into teams: me, (Y/n), and Demon spawn on one team and Dick and Replacement on the other. I swung around until we found the first sign of trouble. I spotted Bats fighting a group of henchmen down by an old warehouse. He seemed to be handling it, but I wanted to show off. (Y/n) nodded and we swung down to join him.
       "Neither of you are supposed to be here!" Bruce growled.
       "Too bad cause we're here and we're going to help like we were trained to," (Y/n) burst out. D*mn (Y/n) that took guts. Hopefully talking back doesn't put you on his bad list. (Y/n) blocked the Scarecrows men with her weapons as I fired at them. The moment I loaded the first magazine, I could feel the bat glare against my back.
       "Did you forget our talk last time Red Hood," he grunted angrily.
       "You need to chill the f*ck out," I responded. "I've got a new way of fighting now!" I watched (Y/n) smirk as if she knew something I didn't. When I aimed the gun at one of the henchmen, a target sign appeared in my vision. "Is this what I think it is?"
       "Visual aim assist is amazing isn't it?" she laughed, taking another down.
       "Oh, h*ll yeah!" I grinned, firing one of the stun bullets and it easily hit my target. The man crumpled to the floor.
       "Red Hood!" Bruce roared.
       "Cool it Bats! He's just unconscious!" I shouted.
       "He better be!" was his response.

~~~your point of view~~~
       When the three of you had managed to take down Scarecrow's men, you high-fived Jason. You watched as one of the men behind Bruce shifted, but you couldn't tell if he had actually done it. Bruce had his back to the man as he faced Jason. "New gear?" was all he said.
"Yep," Jason responded cockily; his eyes shifted to the man you had seen move before. If he attracted Jason's attention, you knew something was up.
"From where?" Mr. Wayne grumbled.
"(Uc/n) here got it for me!" Jason cheered gleefully, patting yourself shoulder. You watched the man behind Mr. Wayne carefully. He was definitely moving. He was shifting to reach for his pocket. Jason met your eyes through the side of his. He reloaded and pointed the gun directly at Mr. Wayne.
"What are you doing?" Bruce asked in minor alarm.
"May I suggest you duck Batman?" You chuckled nervously. The moment after you said that, Mr. Wayne ducked down and Jason fired as the henchman threw a grenade-looking device right where he had been standing. The bullet miraculously made contact with the grenade, encasing it in red goo and stopping it from exploding. The ball of slime expanded and hardened with the blast, creating an oddly shaped sphere which Jason promptly caught. You quickly took out the man before returning to Jason's side. When Mr. Wayne stood up, Jason held the sphere out to him.
"Here's your new sample of most likely fear gas," Jason gave a satisfied smirk.
"Thanks," Batman nodded. You and Jason swung back up to the roofs to finish patrol. You could have sworn you saw Vibe watching the scene unfold, but he had already left when you looked again.