116. Satan Spawn

~~~Damian's point of view~~~

"I know you still love her, but seeing as you're stuck here. Do you think you could fall in love with me?" Her voice was soft and gentle, like how (Y/n) would sing when it was just the two of us. It was so soothing and familiar, I almost relented. I shook my head and pushed her off me.

"No way," I stated firmly. "I won't. I can't. It's insane for you to even suggest such a thing."

"I see you're able to resist all temptation," (Y/n)'s fake snickered. Her voice changed to become deeper and it echoed around us. I watched as her skin turned red as lava and her eyes glowed like embers in a fire. She grew to almost double her height and gained more muscle. A snake-like tongue slipped out of her mouth and licked her dry lips. A pair of leathery bat wings sprouted from her back. Leather scraps were draped across her body as an only means of coverage.

"Who are you?" I shouted, getting into a defensive position.

"I am a demon of greed," she hissed at me. "You could have named anything and I would have given it to you. We could have been so happy together." The area surrounding us faded away. My white clothes transformed into my Robin uniform, and the once beautiful island turned into a black cavern lit with a few torches. Skeletons littered the edges of the space. Some were covered in cobwebs, but some still had flesh hanging off them. I wanted to gag. The demon lady lunged towards me and I rolled to the side, staggering towards one of the skeletons. I pulled the sword from it's ribcage which disintegrated into a pile of dust. "You won't leave here alive."

"Try me Demon," I growled, leveling the sword. It was heavy, and unbalanced. It must have been extremely old. She swung at my head with her claw-like hands, but I blocked with the flat of my blade. I swung out in a wide arc, slicing a gash across her arm. She took flight, darting over my head and attaching herself to the opposite cavern wall. If I was going to have any shot at defeating this demon I'd have to ground her. She pushed herself off the wall, heading straight towards me. I let her come. The moment she was going to reach me, I jumped, grabbing onto her back and we were both in the air. She flapped around viciously, trying to shake me from her, but I held on tight. I wrapped my left arm around her neck in a choke hold and used my right to make a large cut through one of her wings. With nothing to hold us up evenly, the both of us fell towards the ground at a rapid pace. She shook me off her back and I tumbled across the ground with a groan. The sword clattered out of my hands. I tried to sit up, but my mind was fuzzy from the fall. The world spun as I saw the demon make her way towards me. I could feel her lift me by my collar, and I could barely focus my vision on her. She lifted me until my feet could barely touch the ground. I huffed, struggling to move my arms. My belt. I had to reach the dagger in my belt. I felt around for it until my hand clumsily wrapped around the hilt. With the rest of my effort I swung upward. Blood seeped from the large slice I had made from the demon's belly up to her neck. It might have been the dark room or my blurring vision, but I could have sworn the blood was black. The demon's body weakly collapsed to the ground, and I crumpled next to it. I crawled towards the sword and strapped it to my back. I knew I'd have to get moving soon, but I was in no shape to be running around the apparent h*ll I was in. I leaned against the cool cavern wall and shut my eyes, deciding to take a few moments to recover.

~~~Tim's point of view~~~

"I have a way to save Damian," Jason grunted, flopping back in the chair in the Batcave. Bruce and Dick both looked over. 

"How?" Bruce asked, weary of any suggestion Jason would make.

"There's this cave where the spring of youth was, but it has an opening that leads straight to the underworld." Jason pulled open an extremely old map. It looked as though if you even touched it wrong, it would crumble to dust. 

"You know about this how?" Dick arched an eyebrow suspicious of Jason's activities.

"I spent some time exploring after I was brought back to life," Jason explained. "I found the entrance, but I didn't go far." He didn't have to explain why. You'd have to be crazy to go back and forth between the worlds of the living and the dead.

"You really think Damian is there?" Bruce asked.

"If Damian is actively trying to return to the world of the living, he's going to put the passages in a state of unbalance, so it'll begin to break as he's trying to come through. If he's not trying to come back, it'll be a lot harder to find him. There's not exactly a map of the underworld." Jason carefully marked a red dot on the map to show us where the entrance was.

"So either way...it could be impossible?" I mumbled.

"It'll be possible," Bruce determined. 

"We all know Damian would do anything to be with (Y/n), so we know he's going to be trying to come back. We just need to find a way to meet him and make sure we still have a way out. We need a guide, preferably one that can sing. Music soothes the chaos of the underworld." Jason sighed. He sounded discouraged, not that he'd ever admit it.

"So we need someone that's dead, can sing, and is willing to help us?" I scoffed. "That's not a lot of people."

"It's a lot more people if we involve (Y/n). People love her," Dick pointed out.

"No," Jason stopped him immediately.

"What? Why not?" Dick asked.

"We're not involving (Y/n) she's suffered enough. She's lost enough. You really want to ask her to try to talk to the dead to try and revive her boyfriend who died saving her?" Jason argued.

"For once, I have to agree with Jason," I sighed. "(Y/n) is just starting to move on. She's going out with friends again, going on dates. Do we really want to interrupt the happy life she has now to bring back Damian if he risked his life to save that life? There's not even the guarantee that it'll work."

"We need someone," Dick huffed. Bruce had stayed silent in this matter, but I'm sure he had his ideas.

"Let me get this straight, we need to find someone who can contact a willing ghost that can sing, but it can't be (Y/n)?" Bruce repeated.

"Yes," Jason nodded. I thought for a moment.

"I know someone who can help us," I sighed. "Just give me some time to try to convince them."