• 4 •

•••

•••

The next words Mr. Knight spoke took her off guard. "Mr. Sebastian, it's better for this fucking man of yours to not touch my assistant under the table or else..." His jaw was clenched as he finished his statement.

"I'll break his leg first and then put some sense in him!"

Mr. Sebastian looked at Carlos with wide eyes before he turned to look at the pervert man who's sitting beside him. Giving him a deathly glare Mr. Sebastian gritted at him to get out of there.

That pervert guy stood up and without a word he gave a slight glance to Grace before leaving from there. "Are you fine Miss Dallas?" Came the deep voice of Carlos just beside making her startled as she immediately moved a bit back, realizing that she was practically sitting extremely close to him.

The girl nodded merely, still shocked that her boss noticed it and took action against it. Such a gentleman he is.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Knight." Sebastian who is in his late 50s spoke apologetically making Carlos to let out a deep breath. "It's all fine, until I don't get to see his face again." Carlos spoke curtly making Sebastian to nod and on the other hand, Grace felt respect of this man doubled in her heart.

Soon the meeting got over, and they were heading back to their office. There was silence around them as they both sat in the back seat. Mr. Carlos was busy on his phone while she was contemplating whether to say thank you or not but after a good thought, she decides to thank him.

"Sir..." She spoke softly and it immediately got his attention. He looked up from his phone as his sharp blue eyes looked directly at her hazel ones making her take in a sharp breath. His eyes always looked as if he's piercing through her soul.

"T-thank you." She blurted and cursed at herself for stuttering. He appears confused for a second as if not knowing what she's thanking him for, but then he nodded his head at her in acknowledgment and engrossed himself in his phone again.

Few days passed in complete calmness, and she got used to her work really well. She even got friends with the receptionist who she met first in this building. The tight dressed and makeup one, her name is Emma, and she's one good-hearted person, Grace and her became wonderful friends, and they sit together in the cafeteria during lunchtime. Even tho, there personalities are different, but they get together really well.

Mia has taken leave for few months because her daughter was about to have her first baby and Mia wants to be with her daughter. This cause all the work to be dropped on Grace's head, it's not that she complains but after doing so much work at office, she also has to perform in brothel, which drains all her energy, but she can't complain because if she does, Jason will surely tell her to resign the job which she can't.

After so many days, she's still not used to those sharp blue eyes of her boss. Every time she's near him, she'll be hella nervous. Maybe it's because of the intimidating aura that oozed out of him or something else she can't pinpoint. He's a type of person, who'll remain to himself.