• 1 •

•••

•••

Grace Dallas, twenty-three years old. A girl who dreams for freedom and respect, yearn for a life filled with peace and equality. She wants to touch the skies and walk on the fluff of clouds which can only be attained when she'll be free. Free from the chains of debt, she was born within.

A taint of a girl she is, just because she was born from the womb of a prostitute. She was like every other child, pure and beautiful, unaware of the cruelty of this world. She didn't know that her mother is a prostitute. She didn't tell God to let her be born in a brothel.

Her mother Emily was sold by her husband into the prostitution because he was a drug addict and needed money. An auction was made and Emily was bought by the best brothel in the city. Why wouldn't she? After all Emily got a beautiful body, and she was young just 22 at that time.

Emily was used forcefully by different men but the head of the brothel, Jason was kind to her and almost to all the prostitutes. Jason is transgender, he tried to let her get laid less every often but then a certain client started showing interest in Emily. Emily also started liking him and then Emily got pregnant.

Prostitutes were supposed to be on pills all the time and some preferred to became infertile. Emily stopped taking those pills, she wants to get pregnant with her lover's child so that he'll take her away from this hell and luckily she got pregnant. When, she told her lover about her pregnancy. He left! And never came back.

Emily was heart broken, Jason advised her to get abortion, but she didn't want to. That is when Grace was born. Emily felt as if a light has been born in her in the form of her daughter.

Grace became the happiness for few but a mock to other prostitutes. It was extremely hard for Emily to earn for both herself and her daughter through this ridiculous field but what other option she has?

Slowly Grace started to grow up. Grace was sent to school by her mother and home tutoring was done by her mother as well. Jason would help Emily a little with Grace's fees. Those were difficult days.

Grace was 14 when she founds out where she lives and what is all this. At that time she realized why her mother would lock her in the attic for whole night and would only let her out in the morning. Because the place she lives in isn't any sort of home but a place where women warm men's beds and fulfill their needs.

When Grace confronted her mom on this, Emily started crying while hugging her daughter. "I want you to study Grace, pay all their debt and run away from this life. Protect yourself for your man, your one and only." Emily cupped Grace's face as she spoke.

"I want you to live a happy life, I want to see you as a respectable woman. Don't let any hardship to stop you. Promise me you'll save yourself from this life, promise me?" Emily asked desperately making large tears to escape Grace's eyes.

"I promise mom." Was her reply and from then onward the only motive of her life was to get away from this place along with her mom but nothing goes as planned.

Because, one dreading morning she woke up to the wails of Jason. She came down from the attic went towards her mom's room in hysteria because all the women were crowding the door, their faces sullen.

And what she saw in that room made her numb. Her mother lay on the bed lifeless. Her body looked pale, it was clearly evident that she passed away. Grace was numb to feel much but when she got to know that her mother died due to blood cancer and the fact that she knows she's ill but kept her money spending on Grace's high school fees was heart wrenching that was the moment when she breaks down, crying her heart. She cried whole night until there was no tear left.

Grace was 18 when her mother died. She didn't care what her mother's occupation was because according to her, she was her savior, her shield, her protector and now she was gone.

First it was her mother who faced all the atrocities to keep their belly filled with food and now it was her time. Other prostitutes didn't want her to live in brothel for free, they envied her, but she didn't care.

Jason approached her asking about her plans, she then told him about her interest in belly dancing and once she showed him, her dance. He was staring at her with mouth agape.

Grace was learning belly dance from one of her dance teacher at high school for free. She knows once she'll turn 18, she'll be pressurized by the brothel to earn money and no way she's selling her herself. She was doing dance practice in high school when her teacher saw her and appreciated her curves saying that belly dance will look exquisite on her and that was when an idea of being a belly dancer popped in her mind.

From then onward, Grace became the one and only best dancer of brothel. A large list of VIPs would pay many dollars just to watch her dance. Jason was earning a lot just from her dancing and her debt was getting less and less.

But this didn't stop her studies. She got a scholarship in one of the top university and completed her business studies.

She was so happy after getting graduated. She can't wait to start a job at some good company and end her belly dancing career.

Even tho belly dancing was far better than sleeping with men, but she still hates it. She hates how men would look at her with hungry eyes, and the way their eyes would undress her. Every time when she goes on stage, she buries a part of her soul deep within.

She always covers her face while performing because in no way she wants people to know who she really is.

But now, she'll be able to get a proper respectable job, no one will undress her with their eyes, no one will look at her hungrily. She'll earn with honor, pay her debt and leave this life forever.

A beautiful pearly smile adorned her face, showing a beautiful dimple in her right cheek.

"Finally I'll be free." She whispered happily, looking at the sky.

" She whispered happily, looking at the sky

Vote, comment and share

Chapter 2 is updated on booknet.