• 3 •

•••

•••

"You're hired Miss Dallas."

Grace slowly turned around with confused face, she didn't get him at all. "Excuse me sir?" She asked softly.

On her words, her boss stood up from his chair, and she literally stifled her gasp by looking at his damn height and bulging muscles. He slowly round the table and picked few files from his desk as he approached her. Once, he stood in appropriate distance with her.

Her handed her the files which she hesitantly took. He looked so tall up closer. "A hot coffee without milk and sugar must be at my table before 8 along with my schedule. I don't appreciate any laziness or being late at work. You'll have to accompany me to my meetings and will also handle all my mails...and I need a summary of these files before you leave home today. That's all, you can go Miss Dallas, Mia will show you to your office." He spoke in his deep voice and turn around to go back to his seat.

It took her few seconds to understand that she really got the job and her boss just elaborated her work just right now. She mumbled an awkward. "Thank you." And immediately left his office.

When Grace came out of his office, she saw Mia already telling all the girls that interview is over and someone is already hired. This thing again made Grace confused.

Once all the girls left, Mia turned around to find a confused looking Grace standing there clueless. Mia gave her an assuring smile as she went towards Grace.

"Congratulations." Mia spoke happily making Grace to mumble a small thank you. "You must be wondering how I know that he hired you already?" Mia ask smiling and Grace immediately nodded her hear wanting to know.

"Carlos was on edge from last two days would be an understatement, he was angry but didn't let his calm posture to slip for even a second till now. But since morning he was interviewing all the candidates that applied for his personal assistant job but each and every one of them is same. And it made his blood boiled." Mia spoke exaggerating.

"His last assistant was good at working but that slut tried to drug him so that she could sleep with him and to top that all, she was working for rival companies, they had sent her to seduce him but sadly she failed. So now he decided to test all the candidates before hiring one on job." Mia told her dramatically but now it made sense to Grace that he asked her to sit on his lap, and she denied right away, it was kind of test which she passed.

Great!

"Let me show you your office." Mia spoke up when Grace didn't say anything on her previous words.

Grace's office was just beside sir Carlos's. It was beautiful and elegant, with a large window giving a beautiful view of the city and a neat clean glass desk in the middle of the room. There was a door on her left that must be attached to Sir's office. The walls were painted gray and it looked beautiful. She really liked it. She placed her files on the desk and faced Mia.

"Thanks." Grace spoke softly and Mia nodded her head while smiling. "I'll be on the reception counter outside. If, you need anything ring me a bell..." Mia spoke indicating towards the intercom making her nod.

"And yeah, lunch break will be at 10, I'll come to fetch you, okay?" Mia spoke making Grace to give her a happy smile as she mumbled a soft okay.

Mia left her office and Grace finally let out a breath of relief. She wasn't expecting to start her work at the first day of her job but what can she say. She's happy that she got the job but on the same time she's nervous because she had told Jason that she'll be at brothel on time for her performance but now it seems like that won't be possible today.

Heaving a sigh, a smile grazed her lips as she sat down on her chair and a feeling of achievement hit her deep. She recalled her mother as she sat there. "See mom, your daughter got the job in one of the best company." She smiled while looking at the window and then with new determination, she started doing the task that was given to her by her boss.

Mia came to take Grace for lunch, but she denied saying she isn't hungry, cause she wants to complete her work as soon as possible. Mia being a lovely lady came back with coffee for Grace to which she thanked her humbly.

Within three hours, Grace completed the summarization of all the files, collecting the papers, she stood up from her seat and straightened herself as she went towards his office.

She knocked once before hearing a deep come in. The girl went in and placed the file in front of him. His deep blue eyes first looked at the files and then at her, he picked up the file and checked the material only to hum in response.

"You can take your off, Miss Dallas." He spoke while still engrossed in checking the file.

A smile appeared on her face, knowing that he liked her work. Grace said her goodbyes to Mia and left towards her home, the brothel.

Just like she suspected, Jason was angry because they had to cancel the performance as she was not there to perform. Jason didn't even smile knowing that she got the job, nor she appreciated her.

Grace was heartbroken and this is not the first time, almost every time this thing happens. Jason will be lovely if she continues to perform but if by any reason she won't be able to perform, Jason will be angry.

She sadly went to her room, the attic. Her sacred place. It wasn't congested or scary. It was beautiful and large, there's a bed placed in the corner and a large window in the front with her study table on the other side of the room. She has also placed fairy lights which give her room a beautiful look at night.

She changed her clothes to baggy shirt and Pajamas, when she heard a knock on her door. She softly went there and peeked through the whole to find Silvia on the other side. Grace opened the door to let Silvia in and just as she got in, she took Grace in a warm hug while mumbling happy congratulations.

Grace gave her a happy smile as both of them sat down on her bed. "I'm so happy for you. Your mother would be proud." Silvia spoke softly making Grace to give her a soft smile.

"I've heard the heir of Knight Enterprise is so handsome." Silvia mused making Grace to role her eyes.

"I've seen him today, he's fine like any other guy." Grace spoke casually making Silvia to gasp.

"Oh! Come on, he's Carlos Knight a fucking successful, handsome bachelor." Silvia exaggerates making Grace to role her eyes.

"So, what? I'm Grace Dallas, a well-known belly dancer, who lives in a brothel!" Grace spoke plainly making Silvia to huff out in annoyance as Grace stated the facts.

"Fine, whatever! So, how was your office?" Silvia changed the subject and both of them talked whole night.

Next morning Grace was at his office with his bitter coffee at exactly 8, she placed the coffee on the table and her eyes landed on the glass wall through which she can see beautiful dark gray clouds approaching the city.

Unknowingly she went towards the glass wall and placed her hand on it as she looked outside at the vast beautiful city with her large hazel eyes. She was in complete awe because the weather was looking perfect. She was so engrossed in her admiring the view that she didn't notice when the door got opened and closed and someone coming in.

"What are you doing Miss Dallas?" She let out a low shriek as she abruptly turned around only to face a broad chest clad in white shirt. Her eyes shot up to meet with the sharp blue once's making her throat dry as she involuntarily took a step back only to hit the glass wall.

Her eyes were widened at his sudden intrusion, so close to her. And the fact that she didn't hear him approaching so close to her was scary.

She saw his sharp eyes looking at her neck, and she knows he's looking at her mole that's just on her collarbone. His gaze felt really intimidating and his cologne was so rich that she can't think of anything at that moment.

"S-sorry." She stuttered and immediately took a step aside to create some distance between themselves. His hawk like eyes moved from her mole to her face.

The way his tall and muscular intimidating aura made this large office room to appear small made her nervous.

She took another step back and this motion didn't go unnoticed by him. Taking in a deep breath, she moved towards his desk and picked up the file.

His eyes racked her from head to toe. Her hairs were in a fluffy ponytail, giving her face an innocent look, which is without any makeup and just like yesterday she was wearing loose clothes.

He likes her modesty!

"Sir, you've a meeting with Mr. Sebastian at Noma, regarding the sale statistics of his products at 12." She informed with a calm posture.

He was observing her keenly, her face have this innocent charm that can't be denied, her fluffy ponytail gave her a cute look. Her physique was covered in those baggy clothes, but he can predict that she's not curvy, if he judges by her face. But what got his attention the most was the dark pink mole on her collarbone, along with her soft pink lips. It was a fucking distraction for him.

He will not deny the fact that she smelled heavenly when he stood just behind her as she gazed at the city in wonder.

Shaking his thoughts away, he spoke in his deep voice, while sitting on his chair. "Alright be ready at 11:30. You can leave now." Came his deep voice, making her to nod her head as she left his office and went to her own. She started responding to some important mails.

At exact 11:30 they were at the parking lot, a chauffeur parked a new posh looking Range Rover in front of them. He indicated her to sit first, and she obliged followed by him as they drove to the five star hotel for their meeting. The ride was silent and she was nervous throughout the journey.

Mr. Sebastian and his two other partners were already there. Carlos shook hands with them as he settled in front of them along with her beside him. They kept on talking and she kept on taking notes.

It was in the middle of the conversation she felt a boot caressing her leg, and she jolted back in her place. Her eyes shot up to be met with the smirking guy, who was sitting beside Mr. Sebastian. Her jaw got clenched in anger. If she wasn't an assistant here, she would've slapped him right on the face.

Grace moved back a little on her seat and shifted her legs towards Mr. Knight. She glared at the man once and then started noting down the points, when that man caressed her leg again, and she flinched in her place almost towards Mr. Knight.

The next words Mr. Knight spoke took her off guard. "Mr. Sebastian, it's better for this fucking man of yours to not touch my assistant under the table or else..." His jaw was clenched as he finished his statement.

"I'll break his leg first and then put some sense in him!"

Chapter 4 is updated on booknet.