Chapter 77: Encounter

Start from the beginning

His face lit up and he snapped his fingers, "ah! Lizzie from the café!"

I kept the forced smile on, "oh heeey..."

"Louis? Remember?"

I wish I didn't.

"Yeah" I said, "I'm sorry if I didn't show up that day"

He waved his hand dismissively, "pshh it's okay, at least I get to see you today"

"Oh haha..." I laughed awkwardly.

"Do you have plans tonight? Maybe I can take you somewhere" he winked, "I was actually waiting for you that day because I wanted to ask you out"

"I'm sorry Louis..."I started, "you're handsome and all but-"

"Come on, this can be your little apology to me" he persisted, "you'll have fun, promise"

"I'm actually busy..." I shrunk, getting uncomfortable at the situation.

"Can I have your number then? So we could text" he said and gave me his phone.

He was handing me his phone and I didn't know what to do so I stood there, thinking if I should take it.

"I got sprinkles!" I heard Chloe say behind me.

I relived sigh escaped my lips, "thank god" I muttered.

"Who's this?" She asked me, her tone a little too high.

"Louis" he introduced himself, "Lizzie and I met in a café"

"I wasn't talking to you" she smiled at him and turned to me.

"He's asking for my number" I looked at her, mentally asking for help.

"It looks like she doesn't want to give it to you though" she said to him.

"She didn't say anything"

"Can't you read expressions or something" she rolled her eyes.

Damn I thought. This was the first time I saw her being sassy.

"I'll give you my number instead" he said, ignoring Chloe. "Get your phone, I'll say it"

"She's taken" she said.

"Where's her boyfriend then" he smirked.

"Me. She's my girl so back off"

I turned to Chloe and she looked like she was dead serious.

Although this was a serious situation, I can't stop myself from smiling and my heart doing a summersault.

The man laughed, "she's into men, not some lesbian shit"

My eyebrows rose and I glanced at Chloe, she looked taken back and a little hurt at what he said.

I glared at the man and grabbed his phone.

Chloe's sight went to the ground and the man looked like he won.

I typed it and handed it to him.

Before he could get the phone, I let go of it, the screen meeting the store floor with a loud sound.

"What the fuck?!" He exclaimed.

I smirked and held Chloe's hand, leading her to the other section where the milk is.

"Hey" I whispered, "thank you"

She gave me a weak nod, her head still down.

I stopped walking and lifted her chin so she could face me, "that was really cool of you" I smiled at her.

She smiled but I knew it was forced.

I leaned in and kissed her cheek, "his phone is probably cracked with a note that said 'eat dick, dumbass'"

Chloe laughed lightly, "you really typed that?"

"Yep" I said, the sound of her laugh making me smile, "forget him. We'll make graham balls remember?"

"If it tastes gross I'll blame you"

"It won't"

I grabbed 2 cans of condensed milk and placed them on the cart she was holding.

*

We placed the ingredients on the kitchen counter.

We bought M&Ms for other toppings, as well as taking out the marshmallows from the cupboard.

"I still don't get how those would be a topping"

"We put them inside," I said and pulled out the things from the bag.

I'm still a little worried, Chloe still looked sad while on our way home but I didn't want to address it because I wanted to distract her.

"Wanna play music?" I suggested.

---------------------

I haven't been in a store for 6 months I already forgot what it looks like