Chapter 87: Food and Feelings

Chloe and I looked for another McDonald's to go to, it took me 30 minutes to drive there.

I offered to after feeling guilty with the tone I used earlier.

"I'm so hungry." Chloe groaned, "I could eat an entire village winter food stock right now."

"There's no line and Karen (thankfully) this time."

"God is real, he said we shall eat in peace." She said with a smile.

Chloe isn't religious.

I got myself a cheeseburger while Chloe got the quarter pounder and a mcfloat. We also ordered BFF fries and sundaes to go with it.

The parking lot wasn't filled and I decided on doing something I think she'd enjoy.

"Do you want sit outside?" I asked, "let's sit on the trunk."

"Like before?" She said with a smile— a real one this time.

"Like before."

After a few minutes of waiting for our food, I carried our tray and we went outside.

It was still early evening, I could see few people walking, people passing by with their bicycles and this particular old lady walking her dog.

"The last time we did this, it was around midnight right?" She asked before taking a bite of her burger.

"That hifs the spof" She groaned in satisfaction before taking another bite.

I took a fry and dipped it in my sundae before eating it, the sweet and cold ice cream hitting the roof of my mouth.

"Yeah but it was around 11 maybe." I answered her question, "It was also you dragging the time until 12 am."

"I wanted you to stay with me okay?" She said, "What can I say? I have a huge crush on you."

The cold breeze of friday evening hit my skin, light goosebumps crawling on my arms.

"Props to you it worked."

"Right?" She said excitedly, "imagine if someone didn't accept my pay..."

"Huh?" I looked at her, "what pay?"

"Nothing!" She shook her head, "I said, imagine if someone had an available room."

It clearly sounded different from what she said earlier but I shrugged it off, she can be random sometimes.

"We'd still end up here I think." I scooped up my ice cream, making sure I had enough caramel on my spoon.

"How?"

"You're just stubborn that way." I smiled at her.

"True." She leaned in and gave me a kiss.

"Gross, your lips is all greasy." We both laughed as I wipe my cheek with my shoulder.

She playfully gasped and pressed her hand on her chest, "That hurt me baby."

I noticed after we got together she's slipping a few name calling here and there, I feel like it'll go to the point where I'll barely hear my name from her.

I scooped another spoonful and pressed my lips on the ice cream before kissing her cheek.

"EW—" She quickly picked up a tissue on the tray before wiping her cheek clean.

"Did you just say ew to me?" It was my turn to gasp.

"It's ice cream!" She retorted, "It's sticky."

"That hurt me baby." I repeated her.

She paused and looked at me in surprise, before her eyes softly looked at me with full of emotions.

"I like it when you call me that..."

We sat in silence.

My heart felt like it was running hundred beats per second and the atmosphere felt vulnerable.

I opened my mouth and inhaled, "Ba- Bab-"

"It's okay you can say my name." She laughed and my face grew hot.

"Shut up."

"Take your time."

I looked up, the sky looked clear tonight. The stars faintly flickering every second.

"Baby?" I finally asked.

The wind sounded loud all of a sudden, like I was hyperfocused on everything that's happening.

"Yeah...baby?" She whispered.

I know this is the moments where two people talk about something cheesy or just be overall romantic.

But I had to let something out of my chest.

"Do you know that karen earlier?"

"Yeah." She scoffed, "Almost made me talk back if it weren't for my—"

"Before we even met, do you get lots of those?"

"The homophobia? Yeah sure." She took a sip of her mcfloat, "Most people don't care but every once in a while you get people that act as if the world will burn if you kiss a girl."

Either way, I still don't understand how she prefers girls, she can get who she wants she just has to choose... is It because girls are better in bed?

The fact that my first thoughts from what tori's reason before were about sex felt incredibly weird.

The fact that if people could come up to me and ask why I'm with Chloe, I would say anything but sex being the main reason why we're together.

"Hey- hey why are you crying?" Chloe's warm hands cupped my cheeks, wiping away the tears I wasn't aware of.

"What...oh..." I sniffed, "I'm sorry I was just thinking about something."

Her lips planted a soft kiss on my forehead, "go on, you can tell me."

"I'm just- I'm sorry." I held her hands.

"What? For?"

"I used to be so against it. Us." I inhaled deeply, "I thought Tori liked Hannah because of sexual things, I thought it was weird, I thought it was-"

"Hey it's okay," She squeezed my hand lightly, "People tend to judge the things they don't understand."

Chloe's wise for a person you'd think was all rich and wealth.

"Are you feeling okay though? The Karen earlier said some things."

"That?" She scoffed and waved her hand in dismissal, "Once you're used to it, it just becomes funny."

I would beg to differ, people shouldn't be used to being discriminated. But seeing her with a content smile while eating her food just made me smile along with her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Under these pretty stars and eating these... It's kinda mid food, I'm sorry- but with you? I'm feeling amazing."

-----
Author's notes

America's Mcdo menu is so weird it's just full of burger varieties and a burrito. Here in my country we have spaghetti and there's more than that, I thought mcdo in the us would be the same (like have lots of options)