Chapter 24

"Her dad kicked her out." she said as she ate a piece of bacon.

Everyone stopped and I mentally face palmed.

Why did I let this girl talk.

"Mind telling us why?" David asked with no hint of judgment in his tone.

"Complications." I said, nervously laughing. "I was looking for apartments until it went dark and Chloe offered me to stay the night."

"Oh honey you can stay here if you'd like." Olivia said.

"I already told her but she said she wanted to stay in an apartment." Chloe answered for me.

"Sorry..." I bit my lip.

"Don't be!" Chloe assured me and then ate a mouthful of pancake "Hey parents can I skip class with her, I'll help her find a place to stay."

I snapped my head towards her.

How can she be so bold?

I looked at them, slightly nervous for Chloe because I would've been yelled at if I was her.

"First of all," David said, his voice deeper than usual and his eyes looking at Chloe strictly.

My body froze and I stuck my sight on the pancake in front of me.

"Don't talk with you mouth full. Here, drink." He handed a glass of orange juice to Chloe. "And of course but you have to drive yourselves because Gerard is busy at this moment."

What?

Chloe chugged the orange juice and just hummed in approval.

"Thanks." she smiled and both of them just nodded.

I just stared at them, baffled.

I snapped out of my little trance when I felt Chloe lightly kicked my feet under the table.

"You do know we have a glass table." Olivia said, her full attention on the food.

"Oh..." Chloe said and she looked down at the table, "I forgot"

I just sighed and continued eating.

After a couple of peaceful minutes, I noticed David and Chloe looking at each other, David was smirking and wiggling his eyebrows while Chloe was shaking her head no with a scowl on her face.

David broke the staring contest and looked at me with a teasing smile on his face.

"Say, Elizabeth-"

"ALRIGHT- we're done eating we're going out now!" Chloe cut him off and stood up.

"Whaaat she's not yet done eating sweetie" his dad said, chuckling.

"She is!" Chloe said and then grabbed my hand, "Love you mom, bye!"

She dragged me outside the dining room and we made a turn to the right, leading us to the main room where the curved stairs are at.

"Where's my I love you?!" We heard David yell.

We reached the front door.