Chapter 50: Lies and Apologies

"I didn't know you were into women."

My eyes went wide. "Wait—WHAT?"

"What?" Marco gave me a side glance before looking at the road again, "I was asking you questions last night and all of them were about a Chlo person."

"Marco it's a misunderstanding- I was just- it was-" My mind was in shambles and I could feel my face burning.

We were slowly driving past a neighborhood lined up with trees, people walking by and some street cleaners sweeping the road.

"Hey it's okay," he said, his voice fully genuine. "Look, Lia...I know you don't wanna hear any of my bullshit. I never really got to properly explain what happened but I was dumb and stupid, it's bad enough to not realise that years ago. I am confident to say that I'm nowhere close to being who i was before and I hope you believe me."

I sank on my seat, "Do you... really mean that?"

"Well, yeah?" He grinned and then he sighed loudly, his shoulders relaxing, "fuck I never thought it'd go this smooth."

"I still haven't forgotten what you did," I said, ignoring his answer, "I've gone through so many shit in one go and on top of that I've been missing out on school, don't expect me to be okay with all that easily."

"Yeah..." He parked the car and I looked outside.

We were in a place I knew too well and the thought of seeing Chloe both frightened and excite me.

"Unless your friends skips class today then we'll see us." He piped up, "I recognize that look."

We sat at the corner of the café, "what do you mean?"

"Whenever you realize how Mr. D would get mad at you you'd look at me like that." He said, "Jonathan's place must've been where you and this Chlo go to. So unless she skips class, she won't see us."

"You've gotten smart huh."

He bursts in a hearty laugh. "Your unhinged character never fails to make me melt."

"Marco." He can't say those things knowing he cheated on me. What, am I supposed to just forget about it because it's been a long time?

He made my life dangerous everyday, he let Tori handle me when I'm drunk and can't get another drink.

He isn't forgiven and god knows how pissed off I will be if he thinks I'll just let it go.

At least I deserve an explanation.

"Yeah...?" He gulped.

"You know what you did." I crossed my arms, still hurt by the past, "I'll need explanations."

He sighed, "let's get something to drink first."

*

Finally, after years of questioning my worth I'll get the answers I needed, the questions I've been burying at the back of my head finally coming out to get acknowledged.

We're in his car, still parked in front of Jonathan's café, he suggested it'd be better to have privacy.

The black, ice cold, coffee stung in my hand the longer it stays in between my palms but the anxiety in me is colder.

"I didn't know any better," He said, breaking the loud silence, "I was too absorbed with the parties, the drinks, that time it felt like I needed more—"

"Are you fucking serious, Marco?" I placed down my coffee down on the holder, stopping myself of throwing it to his pathetic face, "that shit doesn't justify the fact of you cheating on me!"

I huffed in frustration and he looked at me kn confusion, "Tell me I'm fucking wrong and I swear to god I'll never forgive you."

"Cheating?"

"Yes!" I raised my voice, "Why do you think we'd be in this si-"

"I never cheated!" He said, tears pricking his eyes, "I was selling weed, Lia!"

What?

"Don't you dare lie to me Marco."

"I'm serious," He said, "they caught me hiding a stash under my bed and I confessed into selling it."

"I...what?" I'm so confused, "why did they tell me something else?"

Heaviness rested in my chest and I wondered about all these years.

Why is everyone lying to me?

"You're lying."

"I'm not I promise you cariño I love you too much for me to d-"

"Please Marco don't say that." I crouched down and hid my face with my hands, afraid of letting my tears fall down.

"Let's just go back." I said, my voice muffled by my hands.

He didn't answer but his car turned on and we went back to his place, our silent cries and sniffs the only thing filling up the heavy atmosphere.

*

"You should think about it." He said before going out the car, "I know I've dragged you in some shitty things but I'll never cheat on you."

I looked away and went inside with him.

"May I got you coffee!" Marco called out with a smile on his face as if we haven't cried together on our way here.

"You switch quick," I pointed out, finding it a bit odd.

"I need to be strong," He said to me lowly, "if i cry, who'll wipe their tears?"

"Is that my favorite?" May walked towards us and Marco handed her the coffee.

"Only the best." His smile came back up. "I can tell you about last night if you're still curious."

May stared at me but I ignored her and went past them, "thanks."

I heard them talk, "is she okay?"

"Her coffee was cold." Marco chuckled.

"What about you?" She asked back and He didn't answer.

I shook my head and went to his room.

A beautiful room full of paintings welcomed me and a soft melody playing in the background.

"Domi I said I wasn't finished." Hiraeth's voice said without turning her back.

"I'm sorry," I laughed in embarrassment, "wrong room."

She turned around with an expression I couldn't pinpoint.

"Come in."

--------------------
Author's notes:

The book is #1 in #girls!!!

You guys are amazing (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。