Chapter 31

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"We're so late I love it." Chloe laughed at herself as we speed walk to our class.

I rolled my eyes and started to think about what excuse to say.

"Hey." Chloe said, she probably noticed I wasn't in the mood to joke around. "Let me handle this one."

Without looking at her, I said, "last time I let you talk you told your dad I was kicked out."

"I'm serious this time!!"

"No."

"What are you gonna say then?"

"That..." Shit. I haven't thought of anything yet.

"See! Room's already over there. I'm the new kid, they would probably believe me more."

"Fine." I gave in, not really wanting to talk anymore.

We stopped at the door and looked through the glass, I could see Ms. Monica standing in front with her arms crossed.

"Please don't say something stupid." I begged.

She winked at me and opened the door, greeting the teacher and the rest of the class.

*

"SO FUCKING HILARIOUS." Tori has been laughing and slapping her hand on her thigh for five minutes.

"Shut up, Paige." I gave her a pointed look and took a sip of the soda we bought earlier.

"W-who would-" she wiped a tear and took a deep breath in between laughs.

"Go die from laughter." I said, annoyance laced on my voice.

"That's not nice..."

"Shut up Chloe" I glared at her, "I told you to not say anything stupid and what did you do?"

"Said something stupid..." She leaned on the tree and looked down. "She annoyed me though!" She huffed.

"Oh come on." Tori chimed in, "it's just a lie for your tardiness, people will forget it tomorrow. Don't be too harsh on Chloe." She took a bite of her sandwich, "rumorsh are jusht rumorsh, I dom't really shee-" She paused and swallowed before continuing, "-how people come up with those when it's literally out of the subject."

"That's exactly the point!" I said loudly and rolled my eyes.

"Wait..." She looked at both of us and pointed her index finger to me and then to Chloe.

"Yes." I confirmed and rested my head on my hands.

- flashback -

"Good-"

"Why are the two of you late?" She didn't give Chloe enough time to finish her sentence.

I stood beside her awkwardly, feeling the stares of the people inside the room.

My eyes wandered and found Tori's and she gave me a thumbs up.

I ignored her and shifted my attention back to Chloe who seemed to be awfully quiet.

Chloe's P.O.V.