Chapter 46: Marco

Right now I'm at the bus stop, sitting at the waiting shed and staring at the empty road in front of me.

My hand slid down my pocket and pulled out some crumpled bills and sad pile of coins.

I only got like what, 30 dollars? How am I going to survive out here.

I'm so tired.

I basically lost everything. The place I live, my last parent who, to which, is as bad as the other, my traitor of a best friend, and Chloe.

I could call Chloe and ask for forgiveness again, after all there's a payphone next to the waiting shed. Just a couple of steps, a penny, and a phone number.

But no, to me it looked like she was actually done putting up with me, and I don't want to burden her any further.

It was getting dark. I spent a good few hours sitting in this cold bench and just processing everything that happened.

But those hours felt so shortlived.

Chloe's right. I need help.

But to who?

I have no one to lean on, no one to trust.

Unless...

No.

No no no.

I shook my head, hoping the irrationality comes of out my ears.

Flashbacks of those flashing lights and party noises flooded my mind like a storm.

Is it really worth it?

Reaching out to my ex?

I took a deep breath and laughed at myself,  as if that dick still remembers me.

One memory made those negative thoughts change with doubt.

"Lia please I promise you I'll change! I'll be better just please stay with me pl-"

It annoys me how Tori sounded like him earlier.

But it's been 3 years. We were kids, we barely knew anything and we thought of the opposite.

I placed my elbows on my knees and covered my eyes, crying silently to myself.

After a few minutes, I lifted my head and rested my back on the bench. I'm rational and I finally made the decision.

"I'm rational and I've made my decision." I kept repeating the mantra while I walk towards the payphone.

I'll make the call.

*

"Oh my god."

"Yeah, hi." I deadpanned.

"Lia it's been so long!!" Marco ran towards me like an excited preschool boy.

His masculine arms wrapped around my shoulder and I patted his back.

"I'm surprised you still remember me." I said. I don't know what to feel about this.

Did I make the right decision?

"Of course cariña!" He pulled away and smiled at me, bearing his white teeth and showing me his fangs like he always did before. "I kept my number going you'd reach out one day."

He looked behind me and saw my bags, "Did something happen?"

"I'll tell you in the car."