Chapter 62: Morning surprise

I woke up with the a beam of sunlight shining on my face and a smiling Chloe staring at me.

"Good morning." She said, that smile of hers not faltering.

I smiled back, my heart starting to beat faster at hearing her voice. I didn't realize her arms still wrapped around my waist the moment I woke up.

This is nice...  it was my turn to smile.

"You're not gonna greet me back?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

Morning breath, I thought to myself.

I shook my head at her and she pursed her lips, "why?"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, annoyed that I can't speak. So I pressed my index finger and pointed it to my lips, silently telling her that I can't because of morning breath.

She stared me confusedly for a second and leaned in, pressing her lips to mine for a brief moment.

I felt like my heart leapt out of my chest and I pushed her away, cheeks burning. I covered my mouth with my hands and whispered, "what the hell?!"

"What?" She chuckled at me, "I thought you wanted a kiss?"

"No dumbass I said I have morning breath." I groaned I already know how red my face probably was. "How come you smell good" I eyed her suspiciously.

"I sneaked out to find the bathroom earlier." She grinned.

I stood up and dashed to the door, checking if someone was awake.

"Did someone see you?!" I asked her anxiously.

"They were all asleep." She assured me. "It was just close to your room so..."

"Stay here" I demanded.

"Where are you-"

I didn't let her finish and I fast walked to the bathroom.

Grabbing my toothbrush, I put on a good amount of toothpaste on it and stared at myself while brushing my teeth.

I kissed Chloe last night. And she kissed me earlier.

I see myself smile out of nowhere, my heart feeling light and jumpy.

But Chloe's a girl.

I shook my head and spat out the paste. After brushing my teeth, I ran my hand through my hair and straightened it out.

The house seemed quiet but I made sure to look around and check if someone was downstairs.

I ran back to the room and closed the door behind me.

"You look much better." I heard Chloe say.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "so you're saying I look like shit earlier?"

"No no!" She said and stood up, walking towards me quickly. "All I'm saying is you're really pretty."

I crossed my arms and tried my best not to blush, "you said a compliment for damage control."

She held back a laugh but failed, snorting first.

"You're stupid" I said, smiling lightly.

"You like me though." she countered back but then immediately spoke again, "I mean— like— as a friend or something..." She trailed off.