Chapter 32

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"I should've finished it at the house." Tori dragged her feet in regret as we walk through the mall.

"Serves you right." I chuckled lightly.

She glared at me, "it would take me just 2 minutes to get out of this mall and leave you."

"I was just kidding!" I retorted. "You know how much I hate talking to people alone."

"Then we should give you a job that doesn't let you talk to customers-- fast food cook?" She suggested.

I looked around and found nothing but small cafés and clothing stores.

"I doubt there's fast foods here." I said, still looking. "Most are cafés and restaurants- and I can't cook shit"

"True that." She agreed, "Your cookies however. Heaven." she said exaggeratedly. She stopped walking and looked at me ecstatically, "What about the café we always go to?"

I thought about the people I'll be serving... The atmosphere is nice though, the sweet aroma and comforting music. Plus I'll get to see Tori most of the time.

"Let's give it a chance...? We can't find fast food service here and to think about it, I can't imagine myself smelling all greasy." I grimaced.

We walked out of the mall and entered her car.

She started driving and we sat in silence.

"Hey Eli." she called out.

"Yeah?"

"I know you don't like talking about it..." Oh. I know where this is going.

"Let's just go with the flow." I cut her off. "I still feel uncomfortable but I'm getting there." I chuckled nervously, remembering the weird feelings I had.

"What do you mean by 'getting there'?"

"I uhm..." She raised her eyebrows but still had her eyes on the road. I decided to tell her.

I turned my body sideways so I was facing her. "You know this-" I found myself doing hand gestures. "Weird beat."

"Weird beat?" She repeated.

"Y-yeah..." I took a deep breath, "Remember when Chloe brought me back to the house when I got beat up?"

Her eyebrows then shot up and her lips went on a full smile.

"What??" I asked nervously. Her expression dropped and she coughed, "Nothing. Continue" I could notice her hiding a smile.

I looked at her confused but still continued, "well yeah... I felt something like that and I have no idea if it was the bruise or something."

"What did it feel like?"

"I told you, it was a weird beat...it felt nice though." I said the last part quietly.

She let out a small squeal out of nowhere.

"What the fuck?"

"Sorry-" she coughed again and covered her mouth with her left hand. "Continue."

"What do you mean continue, that was it." I deadpanned.

"That's it?" She said disappointingly.

"Yeah?" I said and then remembered something. "Oh actually I felt sick when I saw that dude help her get inside the car but I think that's just the pain on my stomach acting up."

"Totally your stomach pain, yeah." she nodded slowly.

"It's not BS Tori come on..." I said and sank on my seat.

"I didn't say it was BS!" She defended herself, "And for the weird beat, don't think of it as a bad thing."

I raised an eyebrow at her.

She entered the parking space and slowly backed up. "It's your choice to acknowledge it or not but never think of it as a bad thing, same as the sickness caused by your 'stomach pain'." she said vaguely.

"You're weird."

"Bitch please, I'm awesome." She said and unbuckled her seatbelt. "You ready for that interview?"

I held my résumé up, "yeah."

"Thank God for last year's résumé writing activity." she joked and we went out of the car.

The inside of the café still smells like what it smelled like in any other day, sweet with a hint of bitterness.

She sat at the nearest chair.

"You're not coming with me?" I asked.

"Did I pass the homework earlier at class?"

"...No?" I said, confused.

"There's your answer."

I rolled eyes and talked to a staff at the front.

A tall guy was just standing at the side so I decided to ask him "Hey."

"Hi! Can I help you?" He smiled at me, he has brown hair and hazel eyes, he looked friendly.

"Uhm... Are you guys still applying? I didn't see any poster but I just wanna ask." I laughed nervously.

"Can you brew?"

"No but I'm a fast learner."

"Well, the store opens at 5am and closes at 10pm although you can do part time if you want."

"I'm actually looking for a part time job...if the café still needs a staff."

His eyes lit up and he nodded. "Let me just call the manager real quick."

"Oka-"

He turned around and faced me again. "You start at Saturday."

"I'm sorry- what?" I looked at him quizzically.

He threw his head back and laughed. "I'm your manager, name's Louis." He stretched his hand and took mine, lightly shaking it.

"O-oh..." I blushed at the sudden contact.

"Don't get all shy with me- I didn't get your name?" he said and pulled away.

"Elizabeth."

"Lizzie, it's suits you." he said and winked at me.

"Suits me?"

"Yeah! You're pretty." he chuckled.

Is this guy flirting?

"Anyways, just give me your résumé so I could get your information and then you can go home."

I gave him a nod and passed him the envelope.

"Great! See you this Saturday, Lizzie." He smiled at me warmly and went at the back of the café.

I blinked twice, still not fully comprehending what happened.

"So?" Tori asked the second I sit down beside her.

"I start at Saturday." I told her with a smile.

"Really?! That's great!" She hugged me sideways.

I didn't hug her back but I patted her shoulder. "Thanks."

"The guy looks hot by the way- like cute hot something like that."

"He's intimidating. And too loud." I said and looked at the time.

6:30 pm.

"You got plans to do?" Tori asked me.

"Just studying I guess." I shrugged.

"Let's order some drinks and head over at Chloe's. I wanna stay for a while."

I sighed, knowing It would get noisy and I wouldn't be able to sleep early.